Yosh Tri Oval

OB_tffu

Registered
Has anyone installed a yoshimura tri oval full system on their hayabusa yet? If so what are your dyno numbers before and after? Also what mods were done before and after? The reason I ask is because in the hayabusa book there is a dyno sheet for that pipe and they claim 170rwhp which is way more than what I have read on other pipes.

Yosh-USA and Yosh-Japan TriOval pipes are differant. The USA version shares the same head pipes that the RS3 system uses. Yosh-USA claims a 1% midrange increase in power over the current RS3 system. The only thing common between the products labeled "TriOval" from the two countries is the "TriOval" name and shape of the canisters. The header pipes, and s-bends are not the same.

I may stand corrected but the Japanese TriOval is sold as a "Cyclone" in Japan. The RS3 is a US product.

Take a look at the Yosh-Japan web site, you will find it as a link form the Yosh -US site.

Yosh-Japan and Yosh-USA are separate companies with a common name, most Hayabusa products however are developed in Japan at Yosh-Japan(Cams, Pistons, Tornado Fuel Tanks, bodywork). Stage 1 cams sold in the US are clearly marked Yoshimura Japan Co., LTD

There is a lot of information in the Hayabusa Mook, but it is all in Japanese. There are pages and pages of differant pipes and other aftermarket parts. Sort of funny in the respect that the Hayabusa has to be imported back into Japan.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 28 October 1999).]

It is ashame that the book is written in japanese, however I am in the process of getting one of the pages translated. The problem that I am having is that the man does read japanese but it's hard for him to translate some the more technical words into english because of the fact he is not morotcycle literate. When he is done with the one page I will post it on the board.

Just Ordered the Same Pipe,,Tri-Oval Duplex Race System,,Ti-Can.

Gonna put on Block off plates,,dump the clear air pump,, Re-Map,,and put in a K-N Filter..or whatever Brand of aftermarket Filter is out there. HP-gains should be in the 170's

161 ®

It Won't be for a while,,Bike still has to be repaired from my accident,,But my shop gives a good print out of all it's Dyno readings.

Pipe has been ordered,,all my bike needs (Engine wise) are the Engine cases left/right,,so putting it on the Dyno shouldn't be a problem,, once those parts are ordered,, knowing Suzuki Prob. on Back order,,,rest of the Damage is Only Body work. I'm looking foward myself to get these new Dyno readings.

161 ®

Back