Yosh Tri oval exhaust

OB_gsx1300rguy

Registered
After much research I`ve decided to go with a Yosh St-1 cam and a Stainless/Ti Yosh Tri-oval/duplex exhaust.I originally was going with a Web-Cams and an Akropovic but after much debate I`ll give a few horsepower for longterm streetability because thats where I ride.I am getting the Yosh Tri I was just curious if any one has used it and what was there opinion on the product?

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 06 January 2000).]

pkboxer just posted on onelist that the muzzy pipe for the busa makes 10% more hp without a remap and they can't keep them on the shelf. Said he talked to doug meyer. Can this be?

He said he "doesn't know how true it is but it's worth looking into for 10% more"
Just what I read.

Burt,

I did not do the install, the mechanic at the shop did. As far as I know, the bike required no modification to fit the system. I did not install the Power Commander, and the Par plates were not blocked off. And no significant back-fire noted. I did however take the bike in to have it dynoed and it was running only 155hp with the pipe and the exhaust headers were glowing red-hot. So make sure that when you install it you check and remap the mixture if necessary. After that, we installed the BMC filter and the bike pulled 168hp at 104 ft. lbs of torque.

I hope this helps.

xen racer did you have to use the Power camander when you but the pipe on? did the pipe go on with out any modifacation ? did you have to block off the par plates ? also did you have any backfire ? any help you could give would sure be appreciasted. thanks burt

I have installed the Tri-Oval system on my '99 Busa and love it. The pipe has both a very unique look and sound that befits the Hayabusa's personality. For reference, I have added the BMC filter and had the bike tuned and dyno'ed at a local shop and pulled 168hp and 104 ft. lbs of torque.

[This message has been edited by Xen Racer (edited 03 January 2000).]

xen racer what was the name of the sho thar did the install and do you have there phone number, do they also have a duno there ? burt

xen racer sorry for the wrong spelling my fingers were on the wrong keys,the question was what is the name of the shop that did the install, could you give me there phone number and area code,also do they have a dyno there ? thanks burt

Burt,

The name of the shop where I bought the bike and have the work done is Bike World in Sunnyvale, California (408) 245-4888. The mechanic that did the install is no longer there and they dont have a dyno (just your average bike shop).

The place I had the bike dynoed at is Rob's cycle in San Jose.

Hope this helps.

Possibly. I'm not willing to pay an arm and a leg for better sound which is about all that can be expected with slip-ons due to the efficiency of the stock cans. I'm hoping to find someone that has some undamaged slip-ons that decided to go with a full system selling for a good (low) price. I prefer brushed allum - I don't care for the carbon/black at all. Leaning towards TB but would consider others.

todd no i did not sell my D&D slip ons yet they are the polished cans they have about 700 miles on them, they are going back up for sale now as i have justed purched a full system. the price is $200+shipping, like i said before they are just like new. if you would like to call me i can be reached at 509-6276670 or e-mail me at xlr8in@mcn.com burt

Hey,
I bought the duplex tri-oval exhaust with titane cannister...Nice product but the problem was it not hand made like they tell you in the catalog or the web page...the cannister is,but not the front part of the exhaust.IT the same one as a duplex pipe...

got picture...

I am very pleased with the quality of the Yosh Tri-Oval set up! The pipe goes with this bike like no other I`ve seen before.It looks like some kind of Impulse drive unit(StarTrek) on an already futuristic kind of bike.Personally the pipe is a little on the loud side and kind of raspy but I like it!I wont be able to get out some dyno numbers till my cams come in.I prey it`s better than the 142&143 hp readings that my and another busa got at a shop in Orange,Hell thats only 10 more horsepower than my 95 zx9r got at a dyno shootout and that only had slip-ons and a jet kit.We really feel bad about having the 2 lowest powered Busa`s on the planet!But boy was the other guy pissed when after he droped a grand on his Micron system he got 146hp!I still think something was fishy about that place,exspecially after the dude told us he didn`t know what a Yosh box was!I will be going to another dyno to install the cams and tune it(Hartford) to compare readings.I would have a woody to see 165!

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 19 January 2000).]

Back