Tri-Oval . Anybody heard good or bad.

OB_ZXALAN

Registered
They look cool, sound kind of odd, throaty though, and make about the same horsepower as the RS3 Oval Duplex pipe (same header). They are much quieter then the aluminum or stainless canned Ovals. Overall decibels about the same, maybe a tad quieter then the Carbon oval(quiet too!)Yoshi says 8hp gain but really about 5hp like all yosh pipes. Get the TI header though because the Yoshi Stainless headers change colors at the mid pipe. They get spotted, it looks like rust, but is really just the Nickle in the stainless coming through. Polish it off, but it will come back. Perfect fit. Anything Else?

Oh yeah, either remove the PAIR valve or plug the big hose feeding it air from the air box or it will back fire like a MUTHA! If you choose to remove it, get the block off plates from www.Johnnycheese@aol.com
If you dont get a PCII at least map it with a Yosh Box 0,+5,0. I have done a lot of testing on two different dynos and this usually makes the most HP.

Just ordered a Tri-oval for my 99' busa. seen great pictures in yoshi catilog but nothing on performance.

All exhausts will backfire with the PAIR hooked up. Even my buddy's stock Busa gets a pop when you rev it hard in neutral or with the clutch pulled in but you hear his pop in the header not the pipe(muffler). It does not affect back pressure of exhaust because it actually pumps air into the exhaust port on the HEAD itself. Its annoying. I put a cresent wrench(pinching it off) on my feed supply hose from the airbox, at the dealer during make ready just until I got home so I could take it off ;)if that tells you anything!!

P.A.I.R. valve injects fresh air into the exhaust system to allow the emissions test to be passed.

If you lift the fuel tank on the RHS of the airbox is a rubber hose. This is the PAIR supply line.

Nuts ;)

OK it sounds like blocking off the pair valve would mess with the back pressure in the exaust will that hold back preformance. will the exaust be too free flowing. Also does the super backfiring come only from the Tri-oval or from most aftr market pipes for the busa.

Thank you for your help so far. :)

Are those valvues on all busa's? Or just the CALI versrion? I got a 2k in CT, and gonna throw on a full pipe, but i sounds more involved than i thout!

Come on guys, you know what i mean. Some "PINK WIRE THINGY" On of my boyz had a 98 GSXR1100 that had some WHEELIE-LIMITOR or somthing. I read somwhere else that they used some modulator to retard the timeing in FIRST gear. WTF? RED? BLACK? PINK? I think i need to call the bomb squad!

Jawz

All Busaas have them.

Just take the line off the airbox (back right), and plug the 2 now vacant tubes. job done. only excess weight now, easy to hook back up as some of us need it to pass emissions tests in a few years time.....

Nuts ;)

Thanx bignuts, Hey! Those wires i you guys talking about cuting, under the back seat, are those the toruqe modulater? Is it worth spliceing those wires? Noticable differnce? Its supose to retard the times in 1st gear right? Limit the ablity to flip the bike over on a hard start (that was my understanding).

whhoooooooo

No one's talking about cutting any wires under rear seat.......

Only thing under rear seat is the dealer mode switch connector block. DOn't go cutting that!!!!!!

Nuts

If ya cut all the wires I guarantee you won't flip it over. Unless it falls off the sidestand...

hehehe

the 'pink-wire-thingy' is a myth; i.e. it's all in your head :) dont cut wires. do a pipe, get some head work done, do the airbox mod, get a turbo, and/or change the cogs (gearing). cutting a wire isnt going to get you anything :)

Thats what i need to know dude. Thanx. Im thinking about going with the Tri myself. Do i NEED a pc to run decent with a pipe? Or can my dealer set it up? Is it worth getting the PC?

I have the tri oval on mine I also have done the pair valve mods air box mods etc. its very quiet at idle. when you get on it it does roar I like the look as well and I didn't think I would.

holy 7 year old thread batman!
all_coholic.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Back