Yosh EMS vs. PCIII USB...

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I've been doing some research on this site, and others, and wanted to get the general opinion of those in the know which is the better unit?

They both seem to have a nice set of options (hubs, etc.), but I'm wondering is there anything else to look at (ease of use, etc.). I know the EMS is more expensive, but ignoring that, are they basically equal.

I'm really interested in JohnnyCheese's opinion, or anyone else who works on bikes.

Thanks in advance!

i've been looking for answers to this questions everywhere, and all questions like yours have gone unanswered.........hopefully our knght in shining armor will come one day, and drop an opinion......

you just do't look hard enough...
PC3R and yosh ems are the same except you can add stuff like 3 map switch and shift light etc etc.
the Yosh EMS is big $$$$$
the USB is a PC3 but no timing as of yet. the advantage is you map every 250 instead of every 500 rpm.
if you want timing get the PC3R

Johnnycheese,
I was hoping you'd answer. I do like the idea of fuel AND timing, but the PC3 USB isnt there yet (Q3 or Q4 of this year).

The Yoshi site doesn't really give a lot of details, but it does mention being able to modify over 200 different points. But like what Johnny said, with the PC and 250 rpm steps, there's over 300 parameters to modify.

The other worry I have about the Yosh is how would you get a custom map when most tuners seem to be using DynoJet and the associated software.

Lastly, the ability to use 3 maps is not really worth the extra dough.

Johnnycheese,
I was hoping you'd answer.  I do like the idea of fuel AND timing, but the PC3 USB isnt there yet (Q3 or Q4 of this year).

The Yoshi site doesn't really give a lot of details, but it does mention being able to modify over 200 different points.  But like what Johnny said, with the PC and 250 rpm steps, there's over 300 parameters to modify.

The other worry I have about the Yosh is how would you get a custom map when most tuners seem to be using DynoJet and the associated software.

Lastly, the ability to use 3 maps is not really worth the extra dough.
like I said the yosh ems and PC3r are the same .... same maps and same mapping on a dyno no different.
get a PC3r before the don't make then anymore.
email your zip and I will see what price I can getyou one at

So I sent an e-mail to Yoshimura asking about the EMS, and here's the response:

We do not offer an EMS for the GSX1300R. The
older EMS has been discontinued and the newer EMS
is not yet available. Thank you for your interest in
our products.

So the point is moot. Guess I'm going with the PC. Now the question is USB or R?

Johnnycheese: In the event you're continuing to follow this, I have a question for you. If I were to take my bike to you and spend the $250 you said you charge, would you optimize BOTH the fuel AND ignition timing, or just fuel? What do you think most tuners do? Thanks.

If you have timing that you can do I do it some don't due to they are not sure what to do. Thus we have usb's now.
If you want the most power the PC3R (which is the same as an Yosh EMS)is the way to go.

Not to hijack, but I was wondering what you can get a PCIIIR for?

Back