PCIII vs PCIIIr

PureEnergy

Registered
Hey All,
First, I'm sure this has been asked before, so I appologize in advance, but I can't find the post.

I have a 2003 Busa and in the process of installing a Micron full exhaust system and TRE.       I'm going to buy a Power Commander, but was curious if I should spend the extra $$$ for the "r" version that allows you to change the timing, etc.    

What do you guys think?

Also, what's the best price (and where from) that you've seen on the PCIII and PCIIIr.

Thanks in advance...

PureEnergy...

Can't give you an answer on the difference but I have a full Micron and PCIIIR on my 03. You'll love the sound and the looks. I know for a fact that my tuner who installed and dyno'd the bike did not even mess with any timing adjustments in his maps, so not necessary or just lazy, that's for others on the board to decide.

Can't help you much more than that.............and I know that wasn't any help
rock.gif

Hey All,
First, I'm sure this has been asked before, so I appologize in advance, but I can't find the post.

I have a 2003 Busa and in the process of installing a Micron full exhaust system and TRE.       I'm going to buy a Power Commander, but was curious if I should spend the extra $$$ for the "r" version that allows you to change the timing, etc.    

What do you guys think?

Also, what's the best price (and where from) that you've seen on the PCIII and PCIIIr.

Thanks in advance...

PureEnergy...
They pretty much do the same. But spring for the PCIIIr

<!--EDIT|Heavy Metal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091453006 -->

Don't forget the + shipping. I got mine from a fellow board member and, a well known tuner here (Johnnycheese) shipped to my door from TX to WA. state 310.00
I feel good knowing the $$ went to someone that has contributed so much round here.

I was told you wouldnt notice the diff between the 3 & the 3 r unless you were on the drag strip alot...
my 2 cents ...
smile.gif

Unless you're going to do some serious engine mods (pistons, heads, etc.), don't bother. Get the USB version which should be more user-friendly (based on what I've read).

The PC website basically says the same thing. You won't get much, if any, performance enhancement with the IIIr over the III if you don't have any engine mods.

The USB version seems to be the future direction the company is going what with their auto-shifter accessory, and the upcoming timing plugin.

Good luck. Check with Johnnycheese. He's got good prices, and has provided this board with a bunch of good advice. Also check with our sponsors as well.

Back