yosh cams

JIMMY

Registered
i bought a set of used yosh cams and once they were installed and degreed, the motor would break up at @60% throttle around 7 grand, and if you stayed with it, it would clear up, it started fine and ran fine around the neighberhood, but could never figure out what the problem was, i replaced the cam sensor, checked crank sensor, everything was checked, disconnected the power commander to check the electronics and still the same thing, so i pulled them out and threw two intake cams in and the bike ran great. i am trying to deal with yosh to see if they can figure it out, but they are not much help, does anyone have a pic of how the sprockets are positioned on the cams, maybe one moved on the cam and thats the problem,

(JIMMY @ Aug. 26 2007,14:19) i bought a set of used yosh cams and once they were installed and degreed,  the motor would break up at @60% throttle around 7 grand,  and if you stayed with it, it would clear up,   it started fine and ran fine around the neighberhood, but could never figure out what the problem was,  i replaced the cam sensor, checked crank sensor, everything was checked,  disconnected the power commander to check the electronics and still the same thing,   so i pulled them out and threw two intake cams in and the bike ran great.  i am trying to deal with yosh to see if they can figure it out,  but they are not much help,   does anyone have a pic of how the sprockets are positioned on the cams,  maybe one moved on the cam and thats the problem,
You will need some near you that can check the cam timing with a degree wheel, and dail indicator. To make sure the cams are in the wright position!
The sprockets are probably not pressed on in the wright position!

Back