Planning next mod

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
did anyone do the Yosh Cams or even the Web Cam mod? How difficult is the install and what special tools should I acquire for the cams/adjustments/degree/etc? I hear around a 8-10 rwhp increase from changing the cams?

What??? 19 views and no replies? Maybe I should check in with the Modifications section.

bump.gif
i dont know but am curious also!

Not alot of cam talk around here...I went with the stock intake for exhaust swap but I have boost...Was told it was a waste of money...However I beg to differ...
biggrin.gif

Is swapping just moving the cams like exhaust to intake and intake to exhaust? Or did you mean you kept the intake stock and just dropped in some new exhaust cams? I hear the biggest gains are from the exhaust cam drop-ins? I'm pretty new to this

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140766098 -->

OK. Just went to http://www.webcamshafts.com and I can't believe the wealth of knowledge that's over there!!! Degreeing the cams IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO MODS. I can see why if you get it right you may get 6-10 extra hp. Time to start reading I guess.

If you do this, Ya better really understand what your doing and changing. Is the lift or duration the major change, and do you have to reset the timing
wink.gif
. It's not a difficult job to do, but you better know what changes to other things it does or does not do  
rock.gif

Use the Yoshimura cams if you don't want to take the head off and change the valve springs and retainers and/or are building a mild engine .

They come with new bearings , adjustable cam chain gears for $640.00 through a site supporter/vendor here vs 149.00 for sprockets , the cost of springs and retainers and 560.00 or so for the Web cams alone .

Just depends on what you want in the end

Those Yosh like cam lobe parameters should have come stock in the Busa from day one in my view but possibly Suzuki would of had to place a catalyst in the exhaust system to get around EPA might have been why it did'nt happen .

Off topic but what the hey

You also will need the factory engine fastener tools or something like these

Modified Craftsman

A dial indicator with stand , degree wheel and TDC locater .

Hotcams Inc dot com has a prety good deal on those as a kit .

Just leave the rear engine mount in and let it pivot down . Degreeing cams in the frame is a PIA deal for me . The exhaust cam anyway , but it can be done .

some good advice there Mountainmotor. So degreeing in-frame is possible? How difficult is it to squeeze the TopDeadCenter Locator (yep, I've been studying), dials and degree wheels if the motor is to remain in the frame? (exhaust cam)

Back