Cams

hayabusa07

Registered
I have an 07 hayabusa and it's about time to adjust the valves. While my tech is doing that I figured I'd upgrade the cams since they are right there. I was told you can take some adjustable cam sprockets and put the intake cam on the exhaust side and gain a couple extra ponyes. Then on top of that put an new stage one upgraded cam on the intake side then degree and dyno tune them. Hotcam offers a stage one intake cam that you can use stock valve springs with. But unfortunately they are still in production. My question is does anyone have a recommendation on a upgraded intake cam I can use with stock valve springs? And any in put on me putting the intake cam on the exhaust side while upgrading the intake side would be appreciated.

Hmm... Never heard of such mod, and come to think of it not sure how this would add any noticeable HP, and not throw something off - even with tuning... You would not notice a couple HP, and I'd say it's not worth the risk of messing something up. Go +2 on the rear sprocket - you WILL notice that extra torque. Cheap, effective, reliable.

Hotcams, and mps are the ones who told me to do this mod and I forgot to mention what is already done to the bike so far I have the air box mod, bcm air filter, pc5, up 3 in the rear down 1 in the front sprocket, mps air shifter, clutch mod, full exhaust, lowered stretched and that's about it.

Mps told me that the intake cam has better specs then the stock exhaust cam and that's y after degreed it raised you some horsepower I also saw a couple threads on here speak of it

Its true but you'll have to do like you said with the sprocket change. It does increase HP and is a popular mod but its more worth it to just upgrade both cams

Do a search! For the work and parts you are talking like 6-9whp upgrade if it's installed correctly (depending on the shop). You are better off doing a ported head/cams package from Knecum or Carpenter for a lot more power.

It just depends what you want from the package, power band, and what the use for the bike is? Do you want more top end power or low end?

i think while you are in there you should get some Web cams with adjustable sprockets and port and polished head. if you are doing the work yourself you can send your head to RCS Performance and they will send you a complete head. You can get the cams and sprockets from APE. they have different variaties. I have a 380/380 cam combo with heavy springs and ported head. Love it.

i think im going to end up going with the head and cam package from carpenter racing. iv been on and off the phone with them and im def impressed

Back