Yet another one down

Sorry about the spill. Can't tell from the pic if anything else got scratched up other than the plastics. I have some black bar ends and a stock foot peg if you need it.

Sorry to hear man,, but ive got some BIG bandaids for your bodywork!

Wearing the Jacket saved my skin big time. I would have been rashed up pretty badly on the right side.

The bar end isn't that bad I think the brake lever took more damage.

GIXERHP I need those big band-aids for the Plastic LOL I need to find some cool stickers to cover it up.

Revolution, as for paintable I guess, the plastic is but there was a hole in the plastic where the woodcraft sticker is. I have to wait till next spring for painting and body work. Putting my Wife and Son through college eats up lots of $$.

(GoAWOL @ Sep. 15 2007,15:16) Ouch! Hate to see that happen but glad to hear you came out of it okay. What would you have done differently now that you have the luxury of hindsight.
Two things I would have done differently.

#1 Pay Attention (for some reason I was distracted by the boats on the bay and the nice weather)

#2 Don't grab the front brake so hard in a turn.

That SUCKS, I guess it's just a part of riding ? Glad to hear you're o.k. !! I did the same thing back in June, on gravel.

Don't beat yourself up, I know I did ! Everybody here helped a lot though.

glad your ok
beerchug.gif

The hole can be repaired. However, for the price you may be better off getting a new or like new panel off ebay or Ron Ayers. Just buff out the upper to tone down the scratches and the fender could probably be touched up.

The main thing is you were not hurt. The bike might be a little scared but it will live.

sad.gif
about the bike, but I'm glad you're okay...

I am shocked at just how many cagers flee the scene when motorcycles are involved
mad.gif

sorry about the bike but glad that you're ok ... health is everything .

If the car was at fault I would have done everything in my power to run them down. Some pissed off adrenaline will get you and the busa back up and riding quick.

Wouldn't matter who is at fault...that anyone INVOLVED in an incident feels it's perfectly fine to flee the scene is appalling...I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, wondering if that rider was dead or alive...

In VA, that'll get you a nice little slap with a side of "fees for the next 3 years" for leaving the scene...if they catch you...
wink.gif

(Busa505 @ Sep. 15 2007,10:07) sorry to hear about ur accident and glad ur ok  .....would sliders made a bit of a difference on the damages ?              
beerchug.gif

guns.gif
     cages
Sliders make a big difference. This was a 50 mph crash into a car. The bike and I went another 75 feet down the road. Me on all parts of my body, the bike stayed on the this side (right).

bike_wreck_slidder_sm.jpg

Back