New Military Rules

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
I just left Hawaii where no cell phone usage is allowed on Army installations. Not even with a hands free device. Well I'm now stationed in Missouri and here in you can only use a cell phone with a cell phone device. This should aid in driver's paying attention to whats going on on the road and around them. This is good for me since last month one of my best friends was killed at Fort Knox, Ky when he was hit on his motorcycle enroute to PT formation.

something that i think everyone should adhere to I would like to see the states pass a law prohibiting the use of cell phones with out the aid of a hands free device
smile.gif

That's the law at Fort Bragg, but no one ever enforces it though. Something they should start doing though, it's a good idea.

Yup, I'm with no cellphone use at all while driving. Hands free or not. Enough bad drivers and driving habits w/out throwing the whole cellphone thing in.

I actually saw a test on Tv where they proved that a hands free device dosent help while talking on the phone. The company i work for has a policy where if you are caught talking while driving, you are fired with no questions asked. The best bet is pull over and talk, it may take a few more minutes to get where you are going but it is worth it.

Kinda different subject but alone the same lines.......
Has anyone noticed the increase of car wrecks of young people because of the text messeging craze lately?

Don't mean to hi-jack or anything.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133944175 -->

The thing is that it's not the phone that distracts the driver it's the conversation he or she is having. A research study also concluded that a driver is just as prone to not focus on the road when carrying a conversation with a passenger or passengers.

And just think cagers that sing along with the radio are better drivers.... although they look silly.

I try not to use the cell phone when driving and actually use the blackberry when I am stopped at red lights because driving and typing at the same time can be deadly and with two kids, I don't need to even try that.

In New York you are only allowed to use hands free device to talk on cel phones otherwise if you get caught you get I think about a 75.00 ticket.

I just left Hawaii where no cell phone usage is allowed on Army installations.  Not even with a hands free device.  Well I'm now stationed in Missouri and here in you can only use a cell phone with a cell phone device.  This should aid in driver's paying attention to whats going on on the road and around them.  This is good for me since last month one of my best friends was killed at Fort Knox, Ky when he was hit on his motorcycle enroute to PT formation.
If you are ever in the Springfield area maybe we can go ride.

We've had a couple of cases on Army bases where there have been wrecks because of Text messaging. I don't know why people who probably have a hard time talking and driving would try and type and drive.

Hands free cell phones only on Pendleton and it's enforced.

I have seen MC riders using cell phones while the ride by means of a blue tooth interface, how scary is that?

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133985006 -->

I have seen MC riders using cell phones while the ride by means of a blue tooth interface, how scary is that?
I’ve actually taken and received calls while riding motorcycles all hands free voice commands only. Most of the time not a problem but during a heated discussion it can sway your attention. I talked with a Motorcycle Legend from my area and he said son you just don’t get what it’s all about. Needless to say I was crushed and have never use a cell phone while riding again. Thank You Arlen Ness for your words of wisdom.

Just the other day I was cut off by a lady talking on her hands-free device. I could see the headset on her right ear. I think a handsfree device might promote more signaling and better surveillance but the phone conversation is still a distraction.

in the UK, you can not smoke, eat or drink while driving!!!

so now, they want to update their laws to include cell phone...

bottom line you need to focus your eyes on the road saw a girl hit another car because she was putting on her makeup, another person (okay this was me) run of the road because he (what an idiot) was playing with the radio while going around a corner.

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134161244 -->

Not only on the bike but I have been nearly hit several times in my truck by people on there cellphone. How in the hell do you miss a big green truck? I don't talk on my cell phone when I drive and I hope that it becomes a nationwide law that is actually enforced.

Back