Flying Pig Down!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Dropped the Flying Pig today after a long 7 hour ride. Was just putting along in traffic only 2 blocks from my house when the car in front of the car in front of me slammed on brakes. It was just starting to rain and when I hit the brakes she went sideways. Next thing I know I was bucked off onto my butt and was watching her slip down the road. Anyone who says frame sliders don't work this is proof they do. :thumbsup:

I got minor cosmetic damage in a 25 mph crash where the bike slide 20 yards down the road. Pretty awesome. As for me I just got a sore shoulder where I hit the ground. I may not even fix it, adds character you know:laugh:

BTW: Pump a little adrenaline and you can easily dead lift a Busa! No problem, flipped the kickstand down and yanked her right up off the tarmac. Scared the crap out of the cagers though.

IMG00035-20110806-1551.jpg

IMG00037-20110806-1553.jpg

IMG00036-20110806-1552.jpg

Re: Flyinp Pig Down!

glad there wasn't any more damage and that you were able to walk away from it! :beerchug:

Glad you are ok. When I had my get off the crashguards did their job. Won`t be without them.

I got mine, in a box. Haven't installed them yet. Was waiting for the next service on the bike to put my sliders on. Wow, well worth the investment, I see.

Glad you & the bike are alright. Oh, nice bulldog tattoo too. :thumbsup:

:)

Good to hear your okay. Question, how did the frame fair out from the slide? I see the frame slider is bent.

Looks like you made out well, considering. I think I'm going to have to look into getting some sliders myself. Any damage to the exhaust? Could have been much worse than a sore shoulder. Good to hear you could pick it up and ride it home.

Did you mess the helmet up ? Glad the bikes alright, hope the shoulders alright.

Anyone who says frame sliders don't work this is proof they do. :thumbsup:

I got minor cosmetic damage in a 25 mph crash where the bike slide 20 yards down the road. Pretty awesome.

Glad you and bike are OK. Looks like you have T-REX NO-CUT sliders on. If they are, I hope the naysayers out there see how well they did on your bike.

Thanks all.

I posted this for 2 reasons.

Number one is the T-Rex slider gets a big up on this one. Performed flawlessly and the frame looks to be fine although the slider is trashed. I know there are a million different situations when a bike goes down but it worked in this case as advertised - made the difference between thousands of dollars of damage and picking the bike up and riding off with a few scratches.

Number two is I was jut on a thread a week ago on braking and TufBusa was instructing us on using the rear brake! Guess I better read that thread again:whistle:

We need ABS on these bikes! BTW I was cursing all my equipment all day because it was so hot but it worked also. I slid across the road for a bit but bounced up like I was trying to get back in the race. No helmet damage.

Looks like you made out well, considering. I think I'm going to have to look into getting some sliders myself. Any damage to the exhaust? Could have been much worse than a sore shoulder. Good to hear you could pick it up and ride it home.

Saddest part is the R-77 CF is sort of trashed on that side. Was thinking of going to a full exhaust anyway.......

R-77 Closeup.jpg

Glad it wasn't any worse for you or the bike!

sent from Bama using tapatalk

Saddest part is the R-77 CF is sort of trashed on that side. Was thinking of going to a full exhaust anyway.......

You can fix that pipe if you even have the slightest of any skills. Pull it off, pull it apart, trim an inch or so to remove damage you may have to flip strap or even make another, put back together and trim other side to match. Done :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you are okay , I had the same thing happen but I let my insurance take care of it .

Back