Yana Shiki Rotors

Redliner-Chicago

Registered
Can anyone tell me if Yana Shiki front brake rotors are any good ? They look nice but I don't want them if they are garbage !
Thanks ???

Just curious but how could any rotor be 'bad'?
Just a flat piece of metal? Some may wear/thin out sooner than others but other than that what would be a concern?
I'd be more worried about the pads and calipers.

Just curious but how could any rotor be 'bad'?
Just a flat piece of metal? Some may wear/thin out sooner than others but other than that what would be a concern?
I'd be more worried about the pads and calipers.

Rotors are not one solid flat piece on a bike.

Personally I would never run anything from them with their track record. Rotors may be fine but they do make a lot of junk.

Exactly...... If every other product they make is absolute junk and falls apart or breaks do you think they took extra precautions 4 just their rotors?? I think not, if it comes down to Yanachitty or factory just stick with what you got :whistle:

I have the rotors, the wind screen and had the slip ons which I really liked would still have the slip ons if I hadn't wrecked it. 100% satisfied with what I have received from Yana Shiki. While on the other hand people have praised Harbor Freight and I have bought about 10 things there and have had to return 7 for refunds cause the replacements were just as bad.

Keep in mind though I don't do track days with my bike. Beating up on your brakes on road course is not the same as riding on the street. From my experience with them they are just good or better than the oem.

Rotors are not one solid flat piece on a bike.

Personally I would never run anything from them with their track record. Rotors may be fine but they do make a lot of junk.

No, I realize there are carriers and 'buttons' that connect the actual rotor.
I was more thinking like grades of steel. Kinda like knives. Knifemakers are always sure to state what type of steel their blades are made of but I don't recall really seeing anyone who makes rotors bragging about what kind of steel their made of? So I'm curious if a $500 Brembo rotor has better steel in it which will last longer than a $100 Galfer?
And I also don't recall seeing anyone brag about 'we use X type of steel which results in shorter stopping distances'?

Blanca you have a good point about the composition of the different aftermarket brand of rotors. I do not have the answer but I imagine that it is the same material or quality that their swingarm extensions are made out of that everybody reported on cracking and being nothing but junk. The only guys I know who run that brand of rotors are guys that drag because they are looking 4 light fast and cheap parts. I personally would not wanna save a couple bucks by running this brand of rotors on the street. Its bad enough out there with drunk drivers, chicks doing their make up, and pot holes the size of man hole covers......... Why add more fuel to the fire? My braking sysrtem is the last thing I wanna 2nd guess or worry about

My only real experience with their products is a license plate holder, it was trash. Ive heard more negative than positive, but only ever dealt with one product.

No, I realize there are carriers and 'buttons' that connect the actual rotor.
I was more thinking like grades of steel. Kinda like knives. Knifemakers are always sure to state what type of steel their blades are made of but I don't recall really seeing anyone who makes rotors bragging about what kind of steel their made of? So I'm curious if a $500 Brembo rotor has better steel in it which will last longer than a $100 Galfer?
And I also don't recall seeing anyone brag about 'we use X type of steel which results in shorter stopping distances'?

Not steel quality for shorter stopping distances, but quality of steel and manufacturing process to prevent warping.
As well as the quality of the centers and buttons.

I've ran one, falters and yana shiki rotors. I street ride and drag race. I have no complaints with any of the three I've used. Can't say one is any better or last any longer then the other. If you like the look of the tabs shiki ones then buy them. They are fine

My theory is if it's made in china or has ti ts there is going to be problems!

Personally, I will always stick with the tried and proven performance parts. Going cheap, especially on brakes is never a wise idea in my opinion. :dunno:

I have the rotors, the wind screen and had the slip ons which I really liked would still have the slip ons if I hadn't wrecked it. 100% satisfied with what I have received from Yana Shiki. While on the other hand people have praised Harbor Freight and I have bought about 10 things there and have had to return 7 for refunds cause the replacements were just as bad.

Keep in mind though I don't do track days with my bike. Beating up on your brakes on road course is not the same as riding on the street. From my experience with them they are just good or better than the oem.

Busa 1166 are you still on the forum if so how are the Yana Shiki rotors holding up????

Busa 1166 are you still on the forum if so how are the Yana Shiki rotors holding up????
They held up great, mind you I am not and aggressive rider never gave me a problem till I took off one day with the disc lock still on. I don't think any rotor would have stayed straight after the endo I did with that lock on the rotor.

I used a set of Yana Shiki rotors on my Busa. I think it comes down to your budget. That's just what I could afford at the time. If you can't afford $576 (Galfer's MAP price) & $186 (Galfer's MAP price for rear on 08+) for a set of Galfers, then get YS. And get the look you prefer, Yana Shiki Rotors have a very unique look to them. You're building a custom bike, build it the way you want it. Are they junk? I dunno, they worked fine for me, and we have nothing but twisty roads in every direction out there. Likely I wouldn't notice if I tried. There's also EBC, Brembo, and Braking is a near copy of Galfer.

I'm a bit old-fashioned and would subscribe to the 'Get what you pay for rule'. But we've argued about Pazzo vs Chazzo for 10+ years on this forum. Do you want $150 Pazzo levers or a Chinese copy for $20.They look the same, or nearly the same. I'm still using Pazzo. That's just me.

Did they make me stop faster, not likely. If you want to improve the braking of your Hayabusa, change out the stock rubber lines (pure junk) to stainless steel. If you are a causal riders or commuter, you'll likely never notice the difference in lines. You need stainless steel when you go 20-30 minutes of sustained non-stop braking through a twisty section of road (which again is all we have out here). All my stock bikes got mushy after awhile and it's wildly annoying. Both my stock busa's did it, the Z1000's did it, the TL1000R is horrible with stock lines. And go to an aggressive pad like EBC Extreme Pro ($80/ front rotor). That's the biggest noticeable difference in my personal experience on multiple bikes.

It's your bike, if you like the look of the Yana Shiki Rotors, then get them. Personally, I love the look of the Galfer Wave Rotors, and yes you can buy cheap Chinese knockoffs of Galfer too. But that's me. I didn't keep the Yana Shiki Rotors on the bike very long. I'm building a custom bike and want it to look a certain way. And I wanted custom engraved/anodized rotors and you can only do that with Galfer. I've had Galfer Wave Rotors on 4 bikes in a row. But that's just me.

46266101864_521ac453b2_o.jpg

32048961887_4e177057ac_o.jpg

32048948557_f35fc85093_o.jpg

46938473052_a1377880f3_o.jpg

6879496939_c44131d81e_o.jpg

6879492035_cb225d72a1_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back