xenon bulbs?

nolo263

Registered
has anyone put xenon bulbs on their busa? are they ok to put on without burning the wiring out i heard this happens to some vehicles like dodge trucks.

See here

or here

They are called HID kits and the if you buy from a good company, the bulb will last as long as your bike. No reports of burning the wiring.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107147554 -->

Charles,
He's talking of the plug in bulbs.
like:  www.eurodezigns.com

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107148104 -->

I put some eurobulbs on my 97 GSXR 600. I liked the looks, but one day while I was sitting in the driveway letting it warm up I noticed some smoke coming up from the front fairing. Well, sure enough it was melting my harnesses. I talked to euro designz after and they confirmed it was the right bulbs, but acted like they did not care. So after that I decided not to let anything like that get near the busa. I personnally wouldn't do it, but do it at your own risk.

I put some eurobulbs on my 97 GSXR 600. I liked the looks, but one day while I was sitting in the driveway letting it warm up I noticed some smoke coming up from the front fairing. Well, sure enough it was melting my harnesses. I talked to euro designz after and they confirmed it was the right bulbs, but acted like they did not care. So after that I decided not to let anything like that get near the busa. I personnally wouldn't do it, but do it at your own risk.
Wow. That is good to know. I have a Eurodesignz bulb in my Blusa...I guess I need to get it out of there?!?
Any more info?

Hi,

We have just finished a group buy for the HID kits on this forum with over 30 people participating! Now is your chance to get in on the on the last days of the group buy. Call me at 347-538-3998 or just e-mail me at MCherny@XenonKing.com.

Regards,
Michael Cherny
XenonKing.com

Wow.  That is good to know.  I have a Eurodesignz bulb in my Blusa...I guess I need to get it out of there?!?
Any more info?
I don't have anymore info. I just know that it pissed me off whenever they acted like they didn't care when I told them that their bulbs just burnt up my harnesses. It is just something that I said I wouldn't ever do again. As far as your bike goes, it is completely up to you. I had them in for over 2 weeks before I seen the smoke.

Hi,

We have just finished a group buy for the HID kits on this forum with over 30 people participating! Now is your chance to get in on the on the last days of the group buy. Call me at 347-538-3998 or just e-mail me at MCherny@XenonKing.com.

Regards,
Michael Cherny
XenonKing.com
Not to steal your post but I just wanted to take this time to thank KS-Water, Rythm, Xenon and everyone that helped me get into the group buy. Busa.Org members are the shitznit
super.gif

The bad customer service is VERY typical of the small mom & pop type operations. Or a hole in the wall that tries to look "big-time". Not saying it won't happen if it was Sylvania or Philips, but at least they won't so obviously give you "the finger".

Yeah, stay with the geniune H.I.D. or use the look-alikes at your own risk. I've used the Sylvania White Star for the low beam, burnt out in a matter of 4 months. Although there's no written warranty, after I wrote to Sylvania they sent me another one. I have a Hiper Industry for the high beam that used to be in my cage for about 2 years. Surprisingly, still running, no burn outs. But color is WAY too blue for my taste. Does create a cool looking contrast to the Sylvania's ultra-white when I flip on my highbeams at night though.

I wonder if the little bosch relays would do the trick for high intensity bulbs. Just run one good heavy gauge hot wire from the battery or other good source.
This would take the strain off the harness as the relays would be doing all the work.

[qoute]I wonder if the little bosch relays would do the trick for high intensity bulbs. Just run one good heavy gauge hot wire from the battery or other good source.
This would take the strain off the harness as the relays would be doing all the work. [/qoute]

That would work perfect, old guy , just make sure to have the hot wire coming from or going to the head light connected to the remote on/off on the relay or just wire in a on/off switch on the relay.

Better yet just buy a true HID kit .
tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

uploaded_banner.jpg

LOL! Rhythm!!!
OMFG!
Yeah, maybe you can go down to Radio Shack and build a circuit!

tedbiele Posted on Feb. 08 2005,03:22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL! Rhythm!!!
OMFG!
Yeah, maybe you can go down to Radio Shack and build a circuit! [/QUOTE]

Hey, if your gonna do it, do it right, right ?
biggrin.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107834669 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

$25.00 for homemade circuit (from Radio Shack) for brighter headlights or $190.00 h.i.d. for brighter headlights.
Gee ... I think I'll pay the $190.00 ...:;):

Well.
Then there you go oldguy - we are the stupid ones!!
YOUR RIGHT!

Would you use transistors with that or......?
biggrin.gif

$25.00 for homemade circuit (from Radio Shack) for brighter headlights or $190.00 h.i.d. for brighter headlights.
Gee ... I think I'll pay the $190.00 ...:;):[/QUOTE]

True enough OldGuy theres in no comparison in price, but no matter how you jerry rig a xeno bulb or any other bulb it aint going to compare to a True HID  light that draws as lil as 35 watts compared to the 65 watts the wanna b's HID lights are doing .  
Also to mention the kits being sold here are well under $190 for our members. The kits range from the 5000k to 1000K ights and now we have included a 12000k kit to the line.  

The one main why peepz in the past where going with the Xenon bulbs (knockoffs) because there is no a true OEM HID setup  being made for bikes at this time . Few (ours) of these aftermarket unit will fit and work with minor or no problems at all.  In the past and currently by alot of unlucky bike owners still believe it is still impossibe to install on a bike.  Because of the little knowedledg and fear of the high output these units put out, but its only after the ignitor, is where the power is being stepped up suppling pwr only to the HID light that has no effect on the bike electrical system in any way.  Not because of the price, well  
wink.gif
maybe not for everybody

tounge.gif

The product sales itself , just ask all the other here who have installed one.

uploaded_banner.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107839563 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

has anyone put xenon bulbs on their busa? are they ok to put on without burning the wiring out i heard this happens to some vehicles like dodge trucks.
I was addressing the original poster with my answer and trying to stay on topic.
He wanted to know how to keep his headlight wiring from burning up and I gave him a solution.
I had no intentions of starting a pissing match nor did I expect to be poked fun at.
I am sure the h.i.d. system is very nice and I'm pleased by those who post their install pics and techniques.

Quote (nolo263 @ Jan. 31 2005,02:11)

I was addressing the original poster with my answer and trying to stay on topic.
He wanted to know how to keep his headlight wiring from burning up and I gave him a solution.
I had no intentions of starting a pissing match nor did I expect to be poked fun at.
I am sure the h.i.d. system is very nice and I'm pleased by those who post their install pics and techniques. By OldGuy[/QUOTE]

[qoute]I wonder if the little bosch relays would do the trick for high intensity bulbs. Just run one good heavy gauge hot wire from the battery or other good source.
This would take the strain off the harness as the relays would be doing all the work. By Old Guy[/qoute]

That would work perfect, old guy , just make sure to have the hot wire coming from or going to the head light  connected to the remote on/off on the relay or just wire in a on/off switch on the relay.

Better yet just buy a true HID kit .  By Rhythm [/QUOTE]

Same here, Playa, just addressing with alittle humor while advertising for Xenon King to help generate donation monies from the sales  purchased through our organized  group buy .

smile.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107840523 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

I am sure the h.i.d. system is very nice and I'm pleased by those who post their install pics and techniques.
We were just joking around.
poke.gif

I'll forgive you for taking me seriously!
So long as you send me a sixer of Labatts!

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107963839 -->

Back