HID vs Xenon bulbs

I Love My Wife

Registered
I'm currently running Xenon bulb on low beam socket and it is way better than stock. Now before I buy one for the high beam is there a big advantage of HID over Xenon?

Has anybody gone from Xenon to HID? Was it worth it?

Thanks in advance

HID is superior to Xenon. I would suggest a low-beam HID and a Halogen/Xenon high beam. The HID will ignite and take a few seconds to achieve full brightness due to the characteristics of HID. For the frequent on/off use of the high-beam Halogen in this case works better because full brightness is available immediately. Also the cycling on & off of HID will reduce the life-span of the bulb. I have my low-beam only wired to a delay timer so it doesn't cycle on & off during start-up.

If you put an HID low beam, chances are it will be brighter than your high beam anyway. When I turn on my high beam about the only way I can tell it's on is the trees/signs above the cut-off of the low beam are slightly more illuminated.

HID's are way better than Xenon. Here is a pic I took with my low beem HID one morning on the way to work. I don't even use my high beem anymore.

IMG00038-20100608-0550.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running HID's on both my low and high beams... Might be over-kill, but I've got no complaints... Very bright!!!

:beerchug:

Back