Wristy crashed

That crash happened near my area where I live . The fact that cops used that footage , as a representative of a normal ? / random ? South Australian motorcyclist is immoral , that idiot was riding around because the slack cop pricks didnt do their job in the first place .
So this was advertised as a commercial on TV?

That would spark a lot of anger from non-motorcyclists and paint a very unflattering picture.....

So this was advertised as a commercial on TV?

That would spark a lot of anger from non-motorcyclists and paint a very unflattering picture.....
The cops put it on tv for supposed safety campaign ad . Those pricks lie and there is nothing that can be done , they actually do any internal investigations on themselves , by themselves , no outside independent watchdog to look into them . We got a lot of police , and a lot of corruption in Australia to match .

The cops put it on tv for supposed safety campaign ad . Those pricks lie and there is nothing that can be done , they actually do any internal investigations on themselves , by themselves , no outside independent watchdog to look into them . We got a lot of police , and a lot of corruption in Australia to match .
Very scary.....doesn't sound like a place I'd want to be riding.

Very scary.....doesn't sound like a place I'd want to be riding.
That is what it has become , outgoing premier of South Australia , did deals with corrupt politicians and in turn cops . Cops got a lot more money and huge fine increases , the politicians got immunity on declaring illegal and criminal behavior to public , all the while that outgoing prick lost election anyway ... All was made law just before thst bastard left office . You cant make this chit up man . That is why I am riding the KTM , well bought it anyway so far .. because high speed is more uncomfortable on a naked , and 40 kph over any speed limit now means bike crushed ... I might be selling my bikes Sarge , it is pretty bad for sure .

That is what it has become , outgoing premier of South Australia , did deals with corrupt politicians and in turn cops . Cops got a lot more money and huge fine increases , the politicians got immunity on declaring illegal and criminal behavior to public , all the while that outgoing prick lost election anyway ... All was made law just before thst bastard left office . You cant make this chit up man . That is why I am riding the KTM , well bought it anyway so far .. because high speed is more uncomfortable on a naked , and 40 kph over any speed limit now means bike crushed ... I might be selling my bikes Sarge , it is pretty bad for sure .
I can't blame you for that.....the chances of getting caught speeding on any one of your rides would be pretty easy as each one of them are very capable of getting you into trouble...

I'd be in the same frame of mind myself.......need to get yourself a KTM adventure bike and head to Darwin....probably less problems up there...

I can't blame you for that.....the chances of getting caught speeding on any one of your rides would be pretty easy as each one of them are very capable of getting you into trouble...

I'd be in the same frame of mind myself.......need to get yourself a KTM adventure bike and head to Darwin....probably less problems up there...
I got my only family in Darwin , but 3 months of year is good weather , the rest is seriously humid and hot , and the jungle will take it all back if ya dont do gardening too , like me basically . 16FT OF BLOODY RAINFULL TOO , and any water body in / around / after the wet can harbor a traveling saltwater croc . I like 4 seasons , and yo only get that down south .
Truly am thinking of selling a bike , had more bites on the Busa again too . What I am interested in investing in for something fun for around the home , is an Amortek RC tank , absolutely crazy , and costly , but 6th scale and you build it .

I got my only family in Darwin , but 3 months of year is good weather , the rest is seriously humid and hot , and the jungle will take it all back if ya dont do gardening too , like me basically . 16FT OF BLOODY RAINFULL TOO , and any water body in / around / after the wet can harbor a traveling saltwater croc . I like 4 seasons , and yo only get that down south .
Truly am thinking of selling a bike , had more bites on the Busa again too . What I am interested in investing in for something fun for around the home , is an Amortek RC tank , absolutely crazy , and costly , but 6th scale and you build it .
That RC would be pretty awesome and lots of fun.....

Be sad to see the Busa go but in all things, you have to do what you have to do....

I have a 1/16 Leopard tank that is fun....

I see that Amortek is coming out with a Leopard 2A4-that would be cool....

That RC would be pretty awesome and lots of fun.....

Be sad to see the Busa go but in all things, you have to do what you have to do....

I have a 1/16 Leopard tank that is fun....

I see that Amortek is coming out with a Leopard 2A4-that would be cool....
I got no RC experience , but I always love tanks and any military aircraft etc. . I seen these Amortek back in early 2005 I think , and wanted one since I first seen them . I love the Leopard 2 A6 / A7 most of any modern battle tank , and the A4 looks good , but I love the Tiger 1 the most of all , so put a deposit / order on this latest batch they are doing . Expect to finalize the deal anytime now . I am worried about being over my head for such a build / paint detail etc . , but also , where I build it , and Sarge , it will live next to bikes lol .
I am thinking on the sale of Busa , maybe even next year , but I might also advertise it before then .

I got no RC experience , but I always love tanks and any military aircraft etc. . I seen these Amortek back in early 2005 I think , and wanted one since I first seen them . I love the Leopard 2 A6 / A7 most of any modern battle tank , and the A4 looks good , but I love the Tiger 1 the most of all , so put a deposit / order on this latest batch they are doing . Expect to finalize the deal anytime now . I am worried about being over my head for such a build / paint detail etc . , but also , where I build it , and Sarge , it will live next to bikes lol .
I am thinking on the sale of Busa , maybe even next year , but I might also advertise it before then .
Building and painting aren't bad, as the Tiger has been so well documented there are thousands of videos and pictures to guide you...an airbrush would be best with a model of that size though.

Are there any clubs around you to take it to? Most of the serious hobbyists mention belonging to a club....if not, it will get used for a while in the beginning then become a monument sitting in your room....

With a model as expensive as this, it belongs to be out running around...

I ended up with a Tamiya Leopard 2A6 only because that is what our military is using right now so I painted it in the color scheme of our current ones.

In hindsight, I should have gotten a Sherman or a Centurion as those were the tanks my dad always talked about-he was a tanker back in the day.

I will join the Amortek forum once I finalize purchase of tank . Dont know about clubs , but will look into it some more . I got a pretty big back yard , well long anyway , and thinking I will test it out there first . I think it weighs 85kg without the electrics , so I might get a ute one day . I need the car for old Ma , could find a good trailer i guess .
We got M1A1 here now , I was so happy that we was getting them , now they are saying the army wants to upgrade to something else . The Leopard 2 is a great tank , man I been watching the Ukrainian war , those boys are kicking arse with great US / Western weapons . The Centurion is a great tank , there is a few vids of an Armortek built one , done up as a Vietnam Aussie tank , and the job the fella has done is amazing . A lot of excellent model makers out there , been watching heaps of youtube of them . Good your old man was a tanker , he be proud of your service record eh Sarge .

I will join the Amortek forum once I finalize purchase of tank . Dont know about clubs , but will look into it some more . I got a pretty big back yard , well long anyway , and thinking I will test it out there first . I think it weighs 85kg without the electrics , so I might get a ute one day . I need the car for old Ma , could find a good trailer i guess .
We got M1A1 here now , I was so happy that we was getting them , now they are saying the army wants to upgrade to something else . The Leopard 2 is a great tank , man I been watching the Ukrainian war , those boys are kicking arse with great US / Western weapons . The Centurion is a great tank , there is a few vids of an Armortek built one , done up as a Vietnam Aussie tank , and the job the fella has done is amazing . A lot of excellent model makers out there , been watching heaps of youtube of them . Good your old man was a tanker , he be proud of your service record eh Sarge .
I'd imagine there are some good places to take your rig once you get it up and running....and you will have to post up a video of it as they are pretty detailed...

The Abrams is a great tank (pretty thirsty though) and what's interesting is most if not all western MBT use a German gun....

The Centurion was an old clanker but my dad used to talk about them all the time when I was growing up....sadly he passed away before he could see me getting a ride in a restored one but I thought of him and passed along some of the information he used to drill into us about it some of which the modern operators never heard of and it helped them....

What was interesting is I worked with a guy for a few years and one day we were talking about our dads...his dad was a tanker as well and at one point, he and my dad worked together in the same unit but we never knew that until we put two and two together...I told my dad and he confirmed this...we thought it was a pretty small world after that.

My dad thought I was nuts for doing the things I was doing and told me later in life that he was always worried about me.

His dad was an artillery officer who died in Ortona Italy in Dec 1943 from a shrapnel wound in the neck...my dad was 10 when he died and my mother was 6 when her dad died in the war....tough times for families in those days...

I think you'll have fun with yours, I use mine once in a while....one of my neighbors up the street is a tanker and used the Leopard in Afghanistan....he loves my little tank.

I will keep you posted about this RC tank sarge , I think I will need your help with advice , and I ain't an electrician at all , so that is also a concern ....
That German Rheinmetall 120mm smoothbore gun , enabling discarding sabot ammo , only now the UK Challenger 3 has adapted this gun . I read they stayed with and liked the rifled 120 because of the heat round it offered . I am not sure about the French Leclerc 120mm smoothbore being a Rheinmetall either , got a feeling it is French design but uses same ammo . I also read where the German gun maybe up sized to 140mm bore for new Gen tanks , but the latest tank variants I have read about all state the 120 L44 or L55 . I imagine you would be up to speed on all this anyway , but I like this stuff a lot .
Great to hear about your family military history Sarge , you got that warrior blood just like them .

I will keep you posted about this RC tank sarge , I think I will need your help with advice , and I ain't an electrician at all , so that is also a concern ....
That German Rheinmetall 120mm smoothbore gun , enabling discarding sabot ammo , only now the UK Challenger 3 has adapted this gun . I read they stayed with and liked the rifled 120 because of the heat round it offered . I am not sure about the French Leclerc 120mm smoothbore being a Rheinmetall either , got a feeling it is French design but uses same ammo . I also read where the German gun maybe up sized to 140mm bore for new Gen tanks , but the latest tank variants I have read about all state the 120 L44 or L55 . I imagine you would be up to speed on all this anyway , but I like this stuff a lot .
Great to hear about your family military history Sarge , you got that warrior blood just like them .
I think the kits are fairly easy to build and they are plug and play from what I've read.

I'm read into a little bit regarding modern tanks only because of my dad, it is an interest to me....

The German Rheinmetall is used in several MBT in various calibers.....Germany has remade the Panther which is an upgrade to the Leopard with the bigger gun....what they have to be cautious of is resupply of ammo.....having too many calibers leads to a logistic nightmare of resupplying ammo which is something Ukraine is struggling with now.

The Challenger has used the Rheinmetall gun in it's first generation although the tank has other issues-the big one is reliability....but all modern MBT can't be battle field repaired very easily and if they get hit and their computers are affected, they have to go to a 3rd line repair as they have computers for the chassis and separate computers for their turrets.

APDS (Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot) rounds have been around since the Centurion which was the first tank to use it...they used a Tungsten core, now they use an explosive or depleted uranium core.

I think the kits are fairly easy to build and they are plug and play from what I've read.

I'm read into a little bit regarding modern tanks only because of my dad, it is an interest to me....

The German Rheinmetall is used in several MBT in various calibers.....Germany has remade the Panther which is an upgrade to the Leopard with the bigger gun....what they have to be cautious of is resupply of ammo.....having too many calibers leads to a logistic nightmare of resupplying ammo which is something Ukraine is struggling with now.

The Challenger has used the Rheinmetall gun in it's first generation although the tank has other issues-the big one is reliability....but all modern MBT can't be battle field repaired very easily and if they get hit and their computers are affected, they have to go to a 3rd line repair as they have computers for the chassis and separate computers for their turrets.

APDS (Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot) rounds have been around since the Centurion which was the first tank to use it...they used a Tungsten core, now they use an explosive or depleted uranium core.
Hi. Can the RC's fire anything????¿ I do not think I would like one unless it could blow some thing up.

No Mike , it dont shoot anything up , its a UN tank .... but if it runs over your foot @ 100kg completed , a person may well shoot his mouth off ...:D
When you get it confirmed that you are getting one, a new thread will be coming I presume?

We will all be watching that with baited breath as that will be one cool build....

You could get a little trailer to pull behind the bike to take it to shows or something...that would be even more cool....

@ROADTOAD1340 I know you've probably seen this video but for us who haven't, this company is pretty darned serious and their products are incredible...
Hi. Yes! They are cool. My dad was in ww2 with General Patton. He told me when I joined to stay away from the tanks as they are what they are gunning for. I was to be in the motor pool but at 135 lbs They took me and put me in a helicopter as a door gunner.. in the 1st Cav B 239th.

Back