Poor man’s oil drain pan...

Tached1300

Registered
I’m sure I’m not sharing anything most here don’t know but just in case here is a quick and easy-handy way to catch your oil as you drain it, an old oil container works decent, depending on the height you can get the bike up or how you cut it you can also use a kitty litter jug.

E8A4946F-ED0B-4467-A57D-73FE9E39970B.jpeg

9B58B4BA-85A6-4593-8540-2023CE37D7EA.jpeg

How then do you get rid of it? What do you pour it in to?
I use another empty oil container with a funnel and pour it into that one. If you are careful, just tilt the pan slightly so the oil is not on the cap, then unscrew cap and tilt back to begin pouring into funnel.

You can also make the cut out smaller than the one pictured as well then covered the smaller opening with a piece of duck tape so you don’t have to be as careful as the method mentioned previously.

I've got a dandy oil catch which I can take to my local garage and they dump it for me for nothing...

I've got a dandy oil catch which I can take to my local garage and they dump it for me for nothing...
I have a few as well but they were occupied and I was trying to get this done before it got dark. I take mine to the local advance auto or the convenience center (where we take trash) and they have a huge tank it can be poured in

I use another empty oil container with a funnel and pour it into that one. If you are careful, just tilt the pan slightly so the oil is not on the cap, then unscrew cap and tilt back to begin pouring into funnel.

You can also make the cut out smaller than the one pictured as well then covered the smaller opening with a piece of duck tape so you don’t have to be as careful as the method mentioned previously.

So what’d you do with (that) oil? :poke: :laugh:

Back