Wrecked my 08'

zeromr

Registered
I was driving on I95 south. Everything felt normal, when all of a sudden my front tire went mushy. At the time I was on a on ramp to turning doing 70mph. I knew if I hit the front brake It would have made it worse. The bike stop turning and starting going straight. I hit the rear brake as hard as I could but it was too late. I hit the guard rail doing about 60mph then landed on the right side where me and the bike intially rolled over each other then I slide for god knows how far. This was in rush hour traffic. When I came to, I saw a car barely miss hitting me. I got up and put my shoe back on and walked to my bike(mine you I was not thinking straight) and picked bike up. Bike isn't so heavy when you that much in shock. Bike was smoking and front rim and fork was bent. I want to say at least 10 cars go out and ran to me to see if I was ok. At that time I did not feel anything nor did I think I had a bruise. They were all worried and extremely nice. They didn't wait for the abulance so one offered to take me to the hosiptal. I did not have any broken bones nor head injuries and I am extremely lucky to be alive. My entire right arm has road rash and most of my knee has no skin left to the point where you can actually see my bone or knee cap all I know is that it is white. And a few bumps and bruises all over my body. I hope anything that reads this stays safe and make sure your tires are in perfect shape because you never know what could happen.

Once I get my bike back from the inpound I'll take pics of it and my injuries.

I was on the left lane on the highway and the highway was turning about 30degrees right. The front tire blow out and straight to the guardrail I went. It could have been worse, I could have flow onto the oncoming traffic on the other side of the highway.

Bikes are material man and can be replaced.

It's a shame this had to happen and from the sounds of it no matter how lucky you got off you'll still be in a world of pain for the next while. Just glad you didn't get hurt any worse and are able to tell us about it!!

Rest easy man!

Main thing is that you're OK! I wiped out on my 07 gixxer on Sunday the 7th, sand I didn't see in a 50 or so MPH right hander. Leather gear saved my bod from everything but bruises.
Anyway, could you tell us a bit more about the front tire; how many miles on it? What pressure were you running? Wear bars showing?

Could have been so much worse! Glad you are able to tell us about it and hope the recovery goes quickly. Don't rush matters with the bike, but concentrate on getting yourself back together.

Man glad you're hear to talk about it. Get well quick, get her fixed and mount up again. :thumbsup:

wOw glad your ok except for the rash and bruises you made out good, that could have been hella worse, guardrails arent bike and rider friendly, just glad your ok and able to post up.. take care.

WOW Thank God you are ok. Was your tire new or did you have alot of miles on them. I am the worst when it comes to changing tires not that they are expensive just that it seems like it takes so long to have it done. After hearing what happened to you I am going to be extra careful - Thanks!

Wow. What a story. Man, I'm so glad to hear you're still kickin'.

Look forward to getting an update after you SEE A DOCTOR. I hope your bike isn't a complete loss.

Be well, heal fast, and please keep us posted.

What Happened ? Bad Tires ? I am Gladd you are Ok :thumbsup: Just want to know so that I can Learn..............

Main thing is that you're OK! I wiped out on my 07 gixxer on Sunday the 7th, sand I didn't see in a 50 or so MPH right hander. Leather gear saved my bod from everything but bruises.
Anyway, could you tell us a bit more about the front tire; how many miles on it? What pressure were you running? Wear bars showing?

+1

Sorry about your wreck bro, that sucks. Like all say, glad you're here to write us your story. I echo CCbusa's concerns regarding the questions about the front tire.

Back