Wow, what an honor!!!!

Rev. 6:5

Registered
I found out today that I've been nominated for the Dallas Cowboys Community Quarterback Award for volunteer work I've done around Dallas. As a police officer I see up close how badly domestic violence affects children in the home. On my days off I work as a volunteer in a local battered woman's shelter Latino program working with these children. It's been a great enjoyment for me and I think I've gotten more out of it than these kids. I also do a lot of work with their fund raising efforts. On average I get in about 40 hours of volunteer work in each month. To be nominated for such an award has been very humbling. I doubt I'll win because I'm sure people out helping kids with cancer blow me away, and rightfully so, but it's neat to know that people think this highly of you. :)

Oh, what sucks, though, is that I'm a diehard STEELERS fan!!! :lol::cheerleader:

9_nfl_football_logo_steelers.jpg

That is great. CONGRATULATIONS

Also thank you for the service to your community

All I want to know is....

DO YOU GET TO MEET THE CHEERLEADERS?

GOTTA GET PICS!

grats rev.. thank you for doing what alot of us...especialy me.. dont seem to find time to do. you are a domestic hero!!

wow, congrats!

is a shame that it is a job that needs done at all... must be tough at times for sure...

Makes you wonder how some people are ever allowed to be parents I bet..

Nominations are the honor in itself as others see that what your doing matters! Human kindness and helping one another is something so desperately needed and I would like to say, THANK YOU for your efforts. While it may not effect my life directly, we live in a better place because of your actions.

Back