Wow... What a rush!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered

Holy Cow Batman! This looks fun, but I don't think I have what it takes to do it...

Yeah, that guy IS extreme.
Search for his base jump in Africa where he crashes into a waterfall.
Nearly killed him, broken back and a list of other injuries, all conveniently hours from medical help.
And right back at it as soon as he was able! Gotta respect love and dedication for what you do!:thumbsup:

That looked like Upper Austria (Oberoesterreich) or Salzburg. Anybody know?

Wikipedia says modern wingsuits can achieve glide ratios of about 2.5 with vertical descents as slow as 25 mph (which means you're still going over 60 mph horizontally!)

Just found this pdf which gives some good info
http://www.flylikebrick.com/articles/flb_fallrate_vs_glideratio.pdf

FWIW, as a young boy, I tried to build a Rogollo kite (like a hang glider). Strapped it to my back, rode my bicycle down the steepest hill I could find nearby. I momentarily achieved lift, disconnected from the bike, lost all speed and crashed big time. That worked out about as well as jumping off the roof of our garage with a parachute made from a bedsheet stuffed inside a metal lunch box strapped to my back. Tales of a junior aeronautics engineer.

:thumbsup: thanks. im glad you liked the video. i really enjoyed Canada. we had alot of fun there. i was trying to catch the balloon string and drag it with me. i though that would have been REALLY cool. i don't even know why i wear a helmet. i guess it holds a camera really well.
join me this summer then i am going to jump out of a plane and see if i can skip across Lake Tahoe like a rock.

thanks again all.
hope to see ya there.

JK

:rofl::rofl::rofl:NO FN WAY!!!!!!!!!!:cookoo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jeb has the life we wish we wish we could live but very few of us have the ballz to sore 160+MPH in a nylon suit less then then 10 feet from objects

look up "proximity flying" and you'll find a bunch of videos like this. these wingsuit guys are nuts.

That looked like Upper Austria (Oberoesterreich) or Salzburg. Anybody know?

Wikipedia says modern wingsuits can achieve glide ratios of about 2.5 with vertical descents as slow as 25 mph (which means you're still going over 60 mph horizontally!)

Just found this pdf which gives some good info
http://www.flylikebrick.com/articles/flb_fallrate_vs_glideratio.pdf

FWIW, as a young boy, I tried to build a Rogollo kite (like a hang glider). Strapped it to my back, rode my bicycle down the steepest hill I could find nearby. I momentarily achieved lift, disconnected from the bike, lost all speed and crashed big time. That worked out about as well as jumping off the roof of our garage with a parachute made from a bedsheet stuffed inside a metal lunch box strapped to my back. Tales of a junior aeronautics engineer.

:rofl:
My dad's and engineer, his brother and my late grandfather are/were physicists, and 2 of my good friends are engineers. After all the stories I've heard and old pictures I've seen, you guys are all the same.:rofl:
The engineering mind is just wired differently, I think it's more of a "you were born to do it" profession than an aquired skill.:beerchug:

Back