Wow What a day.

Gpmo

Registered
So I joined the wonderful world of homeowners today.

Its been a long PITA and i'm glad this part is over. We started looking in Late April, my wife and i looked at over 55 houses. We gave up looking in the first week of July as our rental lease was up and we wouldn't be able to close in time. Well we found two houses to rent and on July 14th agreed to the first. When my wife went to sign the lease the guy forgot.... so she called the second guy who was all about her signing the lease when he saw she was a Doctor.. well he blew her off 1 hour later. As she was going into work our agent called and said the place we had put an offer in on March 12 had approved our offer. So we accepted signed the contract packed and moved in to my parents house.

So fyi living in your teenage bedroom in your parents basement at 32 with your wife isn't exactly as exciting as it was back then. Love my folks and am very very thankful for their sacrifice in letting us move in. But man is it hard to do.

Anyhow the house is a HUD and we got a 203k rehab loan and its taken forever to complete. We still have around 30 days of repairs to complete before we can move in though. But after it all i will have a 2 car garage all to myself, the wife and I agreed she gets to do all the interior decoration and i get the garage. No storing anything no crafts nothing but her car.. We haven't had a garage in over 10 years its sooo exciting. My bike will be parked at home and not a garage across town.

We will get some before and after pics up of the garage :p can't wait. Need to choose paint colors and choose building a workbench vs buying and a lift oh and floor.. so many fun things.

Anyhow getting rambling here i'm just excited.

Congrats bro, that sounds awesome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

congrats. not sure which one is worse....modding a bike or a house :whistle: (my wife just got done with a round of UPGRADES..but a happy wife = a happy life).

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention... i'm not sure how many people get to say they got to have their pistol on the table during the closing of their house but i did!! :laugh:

Our realtor and her husband are gun fans and just completed their ccw training and wanted to see a CZ. Of course everything was done safe using proper handling procedures .

Good for you. First thing I'd recommend is to take a tube of caulk and look at EVERY window, seam, etc.

Good for you. First thing I'd recommend is to take a tube of caulk and look at EVERY window, seam, etc.

I assume there was a lesson here learned the hard way?

Very good idea though for sure. The house sat vacant for almost 5 years so there's a bunch of those little things to do.

Awesome! Congrats...

My buddy has a shirt that says:

Front- "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Back - "... or do you own a house too?"

:laugh:

at closing i looked at my wife and said "congrats you HO" and she goes "thank youre a HO youreself" and the agent and everyone is on edge like wtf? and we go no that stands for home owner LOL

im 3 years in and I still remember the feeling congrats and enjoy

I remember buying my first house. It took about 3 months and everything that could go wrong did.
Miscommunication from everyone, paperwork being lost and having to be re-done were the main problems.

Back