Would you ride to funeral?

StageRulz

Registered
Saw this on another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motokid
You know the person being buried was a motorcycle fanatic. Had a bike. Loved everything about motorcycles. Got all the magazines. Lived the love of all things motorcycle.

But the person died because of injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident.

Do you ride your motorcycle to the funeral?

You know the person being honored would be smiling if that was possible.

You also know the pain the surviving family is going through, and the sight of the motorcycle might be pouring salt in the wound.

Honor the person being buried, or respect the surviving family?
__

I know my Answer.....I would like to hear yours!

Definately ride the bike. So, if ya guys hafta come to mine ya better be on your Busa. Unless its winter, then I'll understand
race.gif

Always ride, shows that as a community, there is something beyond just merely hanging out and kickstanding and riding. That it's as much a celebration of being alive as it is transportion...

Or something like that....

Always ride.

My riding buddy was killed riding his bike and several from the board came to pay their respects. They all showed up on bikes. The family understood, riding was part of his life. I do recall someone asking who's all the bikes were, and I replied they belonged to friends of Steve's, although many had never met him.

Kevin

Gypsy Joker and Rev adorned in H.Org shirts.

Some of the bikes lined up.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140907735 -->

probably ride... though I would take into account the family's wishes if they were a close friend (ie it would ruin the mother's memory of the event if folks rode) If that was the case, I'd hold a memorial ride/cook out to honor the person's memory that the family would be asked to attend
cool.gif

probably ride... though I would take into account the family's wishes if they were a close friend (ie it would ruin the mother's memory of the event if folks rode)  If that was the case, I'd hold a memorial ride/cook out to honor the person's memory that the family would be asked to attend
cool.gif
Great idea Zuk!

Ride of course. Silly question really. If he died in an auto accident would you not drive a car to the funeral? If he died taking a walk would no one walk at the funeral?

Yup, I almost think that by not showing on your bike you would be admitting that riding motorcycles is "wrong" (stating he/she died cause they were wrong also). I guess if you were asked not to by his wife,kids etc. you could consider not riding. Of couse you then have the factor of being on a bike when you are in a "not right" state of mind also. Hmmmmm

probably ride... though I would take into account the family's wishes if they were a close friend (ie it would ruin the mother's memory of the event if folks rode)  If that was the case, I'd hold a memorial ride/cook out to honor the person's memory that the family would be asked to attend
cool.gif
Great idea Zuk!
great thought , takin the familys wishes into account , depending on the details of the accident . ex two young surviving children that do not understand what has happened and are goin to be thinkin that is thier dad pullin up with the full faced helmet on ? younger biker who basicaly is involved in a one bike accident i belive each and every situation would be different but i would as a minimum get the blessing of the next of kin . what if one of the surviving friends gettin killed on the way home from the services ? now the family will have another funeral to attend ? what if a bike got into an accident while leading the precession ? lots of things to take into consideration including the state of mind of the guys who will be riding ? the surviving family would be the number 1 concern cause no matter how much of a biker this person was ? he /she would not have wanted to cause them even one more ounce of pain ?
beerchug.gif
good topic though!

No better way to honor your friend and his passion.Ride. Then after the service get with his other riding buddies and take alittle ride to reflect on the memories that you shared.Sorry for your loss

honestly I'd probably have a close friend of the family ask if there was an objection to having bikes there. If they knew it was a passion of the deceased, they'd understand want bikes there.

It would depend, your question prefixed that, "if it would hurt the family". If so, I would not ride in respect to them, if not, of course I would ride  
smile.gif

ride it there and to the grave site hit the gas a few times to give him a going away rev, if the family gets mad no offense but if it was my best buddy the would have to understand

Back