Funeral Services for Anita Zaffke in IL (May 7 & 8)

posting this for anyone that wants to go i'll be there... a few of us from Chicago Riders are going to go to the court house it should be a large turn out... so any of you Wisconsin/Indiana busa owners come on and join us...

Funeral Services for Anita Zaffke in IL (May 7 & 8) - Sport-Touring.Net

My mother, Anita Zaffke, was killed Saturday May 2, 2009 at 5:45PM just north of Lake Zurich, IL. She was stopped at a red light and was hit by Lora L. Hunt of Morris, IL who admitted to the police that she was painting her nails and didn't see my mom until after the collision. My mother was killed by someone else's reckless vanity. We need full prosecution for this offense. We need stricter reckless vehicular homicide legislation. Too many drivers are multi-tasking. Too many are oblivious to their reckless decisions. Too many good people are dying.

Our family would be truly honored if any of my mom's fellow riders would like to attend her funeral services and show support for motorcycle safety and awareness.

Ahlgrims Funeral Home (Lake Zurich, IL)
Visitation (wake) - Thursday 5/7 between 3pm & 9pm
Funeral Service - Friday 5/8 @ 10am

If you cannot attend but would like to support our cause. Please write or call the Lake County States Attorney, your local & state Representatives & Senators to express your disgust over the current state of affairs.

Greg Zaffke II

There is a public awareness motor cycle ride to honor Anita Thursday evening.

It is leaving from the southern Lake County Traffic Court House on rt60/83 at Diamond Lake Road at 5:45pm. The route will be 83S to 22W to S Buesching Rd to her wake.
Going in is optional.
This is for motor cycles only.

The cost is your time, as you care. And if you would like to bring something, bring black fingernails.

AND YES I just spoke to Fox News they will be at the courthouse on thursday, SO LETS SHOW if you care.

I will do everyithing I can to be there at the courthouse Thursday Night. Trying to round up other riders also.

This story as been tot opic of discussion here in Kenosha also.

See you there. I may bring my Harley though if that is OK.

Wow...again, so sorry for your loss. While I live in NC and can not attend. If I was even remotely close I would so be there! However I will be there in spirit. May your mom RIP

RIP fellow rider, and best wishes for the cause of enhanced punishment for the pre-occupied.

Amazing story.

Sorry to here. If I was closer, I'd be there to ride with you brother. You and your family are in my prayers.

I am making flyers right now to take to shops in the area to be posted. Short notice, but the more people we get to show up in support of this Mother/Rider the better we will all be.

I'll be there in spirit.... Prayers to the family. :please: +1,000 on the notify state reps etc. Inaction is the greatest tragedy of all lost causes, and this shouldn't have to done but stupid is as stupid does....???

I'm in Indiana about mile marker 83 on the toll road, I'm off this week do to my kidney stones, but I can function ok...it looks like its a 2 1/2 hour ride for me if i whent, looking it up there are 3 Ahlgrims Funeral Home near Lake Zurich, IL
201 N Northwest Hwy, Palatine, IL

330 W Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 847-882-5580

567 Spring Rd, Elmhurst, IL
do you know wich one?
if I decide to go I'd like to meet you somewhere if I can..not sure how I will feel tomarrow but if weather permited and such, I will ride up
574 904 8146 cell 574 255 3714 home
Todd aka DJSIN

djsin you've got a pm...

It is leaving from the southern Lake County Traffic Court House on rt60/83 at Diamond Lake Road at 5:45pm. The route will be 83S to 22W to S Buesching Rd to her wake.

i think it's the one in palatine... :thumbsup:

Just got back from handing out flyers and spreading the word. We have a meeting point for people from NE Illinois and SE Wisconsin. We are meeting at R&R Saloon(Biker hang out) at 5PM Thursday night to ride down and meet up with the other riders at the courthouse. Everyone I talked ot is spreading the word to their fellow riders and we should have a good turn out from this part. I stopped at 5 dealerships/shops and eevryone was more than happy to help spread the word and get riders out for support.

Thank you Evil for posting this up.

415 S Buesching Rd
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847) 540-8871

Is the adress listed for the funeral home for those that need this info.

i live in NY and would come if i could...but my heart goes out to your family and your mom will never be forgotten by us...

Back