Would you buy these.....

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Would you buy these mirrors...

OK so I always get questions about by Magical Mirrors on the Busa. Except most folks don't want to...

1. Pay the 3XX.00 bucks for them
2. Dont want them in Carbon Fiber
3. Don't want to wait 6 weeks to get them.

So, if they were made in ABS plastic and came in stock colors...

1. Would you buy them?
2. Would you pay around 200.00 for them
3. What would you think they're worth...and keep the $50.00 comments out of it, really..

Working w someone on this and seeking feedback to gauge interest and maybe some Busa peeps can get some decent alternative mirrors.

Let me know:thumbsup:

And PLEASE no chazzo comparisons on here, it's pretty simple, they can model their products after something made here in the states then maybe someone in the good old USA can duplicate a design that seems to be attractive to some.

So ideas, suggestions etc are welcome...
:thumbsup:

Lets look at the Carbon Aero Mirrors:laugh:

aero_mirrors.jpg

aero_mirrors_ft.jpg

You're a little smaller than me. The factory mirrors give me some issues. How's the view ?

No I wouldn't pay 200.00 for them

No I wouldn't put them on the bike they are to short.

Look nice to me. Depends on functionality, but seems like they would be a good product. Similar in performance of the high dollar product, and at 1/3 less cost. Would be a condender. Hope they dont vibrate to all heck though.

You're a little smaller than me. The factory mirrors give me some issues. How's the view ?

Not that bad actually, but if the stockers dont do it for you then these won't.

I have no problem seeing out of them and I don't think gixerhp or okie daddy did either...mirrors can be adjusted outward quite a bit, but it is a smaller housing and with no stalks it does shorten the view.

I like the aero dynamics of them and the look, theyre nowhere as bad as those pig spotters people get thats for sure..:laugh:

Hey Lycan,

are they real carbon fibre.....or carbon "look"? ???

Actually bro the MR mirrors are TRUE CF...my bike got run into last year and im in the process of getting her things fixed. One of the MR mirrors got F-ed in the tip over and when I tried to dismantle it I found out theyre pretty fricking strong CF bro..no BS you actually get real CF from Japan on these..:thumbsup:

This is for an alternative to the CF in ABS plastic:thumbsup:

Nope, wouldnt pay 200 either for mirrors, maybe if they had some fast and furious LED's with emblems....maybe.....just maybe then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Look nice to me. Depends on functionality, but seems like they would be a good product. Similar in performance of the high dollar product, and at 1/3 less cost. Would be a condender. Hope they dont vibrate to all heck though.

I wouldnt think they would...its a matter of the rubber pads used to isolate them when you mount them. MR sends you 1 for each of their mirrors and they do NOT vibrate at all. I have had the MR's on my 08 fro 3 years now and no problems with them vibrating...no stalk so maybe thats why???

Thanks for the FB bro!

Nope, wouldnt pay 200 either for mirrors, maybe if they had some fast and furious LED's with emblems....maybe.....just maybe then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well bro..this is all about ideas...so throw them out there, within reason, and lets see if something can develop...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually bro the MR mirrors are TRUE CF...my bike got run into last year and im in the process of getting her things fixed. One of the MR mirrors got F-ed in the tip over and when I tried to dismantle it I found out theyre pretty fricking strong CF bro..no BS you actually get real CF from Japan on these..:thumbsup:

This is for an alternative to the CF in ABS plastic:thumbsup:

They look sweet and very stream-lined....I like 'em!! :beerchug:

They look sweet and very stream-lined....I like 'em!! :beerchug:

Yeah I love them bro, they look super sweet:laugh:

gixerhp was jonesin for mine so bad I had to buy him a frickin pair to keep him from stealing mine:laugh::laugh:

Im just trying to see if I can work with someone to do them in ABS thus cheaper and in different colors like stock or what not so that we have more options...

Not everyone can pony up 300 some bucks for mirrors...so if theyre not worth 200 in ABS considering they would come painted, then what does everyone think they would or should cost? Unfortunately thats a loaded question for this group:laugh:

But let's hope we maybe get some ideas and make something happen...me I'll pay for a 1 off and then when someone asks me where I got it I wont tell thenm sht..:whistle::rofl:

So im trying to be nice..:laugh:

No, I would not use them on my bike (I actually have mirror extenders).
HOWEVER, unlike most of the population here on the Org, most do NOT care about performance but rather looks are more important. So you may find more popularity outside the Org where looks is preferred over performance.

Hell no I would not pay 200 for them. I think 80-100 would be a fair price that would make them sell well. Then I would be able to find a chinese copy for 30 bucks :laugh: :thumbsup:

No, I would not use them on my bike (I actually have mirror extenders).
HOWEVER, unlike most of the population here on the Org, most do NOT care about performance but rather looks are more important. So you may find more popularity outside the Org where looks is preferred over performance.

Hell no I would not pay 200 for them. I think 80-100 would be a fair price that would make them sell well. Then I would be able to find a chinese copy for 30 bucks :laugh: :thumbsup:

Actually Russ....just because you have extenders doesnt mean theyre not performance driven mirrors,:moon::laugh: theyre just shorter or stubbed if you will so it's not so much about looks, personally I feel it's a good blend of both. And no Im not going to go outside the org to find peeps that MAYl ike them, I am just feeling things out because MANY members hate having their choices limited and lets face it there really aren't too many mirror choices out there...

Having met MUCHO peeeps from the org I can honestly say this is the question I gte asked most about...my mirrors, so I figured I could try to help some peeps out.

So ok 80 too 100 could be a fair price...there's no SET anything here this is just us trying to gauge if we can have someone maybe make them for peeps so theres no price margin to speak of yet..

And if YOU can find a chinese copy for 30 bucks why AM I doing all this work!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to it! Put up or shut up!:poke::rulez::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess I should have asked if anyone on the org works with plastic injection molding huh?:laugh::laugh:

I like the looks of them and $100-$150 is plenty fair for good mirrors. My only problem with the stock mirrors is all I see is my shoulders. Those look pretty short, do they extend out past the stockers?

I like the looks of them and $100-$150 is plenty fair for good mirrors. My only problem with the stock mirrors is all I see is my shoulders. Those look pretty short, do they extend out past the stockers?

No charlie they don't extend past the stockers as they are flush mount to the bike.

MR DOES sell some mirrors with stalks but they look as "weird" as all the other ones with stalks...

A good rider rides with whatevers avaialble young padawaan...keep practicing and you will be one with the force some day:laugh::laugh:

There are only 2 markets for mirrors, looks, and better than stock visibility. You'll obviously not be able to see behind you as well as you can with the stock mirrors. Myself and many others have GSXR mirrors for the added visibility, and the reasonable $50 price.
It seems your mirrors can only be marketed for looks, as they offer a decrease in function.
They're not bad looking, maybe a chrome option would help sales along too.
A high price always seems to do well with the show crowd anyway, seems the more you pay, somehow the better it supposedly is.
I know that there's alot of overhead launching any part, but at $200 to $300 a set I think the majority of buyers would want improvements other than just looks.:beerchug:

Back