Loose Mirrors?

Found out something new tonight with my left loose mirror.
My left mirror lost some resistance and would get out of adjustment at speeds 130+MPH
I am always adjusting my left mirror when I ride, when I go to the tuck in postion at 80 I move it down and when I sit back up I adjust it, I bet I adjust my mirror atleast 20 times on a ride. I like to always see whats behind me and riders I am riding with.
Well........ tonight I grabbed the mirror (end part not the stem) and turned it clockwise.... and what do you know I could feel the mirror tighten up, I turned it one more time and now its really tight, backed it off one turn and now it feels new again:thumbsup:
Figured I would pass this on to others. I just thought it may have been the armorall and constant adjusting that made it loose and would have to buy a new one... Nope, just grab the end part of the mirror and turn it clockwise to tighten and counter clockwise to loose.
Suzuki engineers are awesome:thumbsup:

If you are in a tuck position why would you need to look in your mirror, you ride a Busa, unless you ride with a bunch of 12 ZX 14 I see no need to be looking back.

If you are in a tuck position why would you need to look in your mirror, you ride a Busa, unless you ride with a bunch of 12 ZX 14 I see no need to be looking back.

You would be surprised to see what wants to keep up:whistle: Let off on the throttle and things start flying by.

Do you cruise at 85 and under when your on the interstate? I realize that not all riders pay attention to there mirrors just as some left hand lane drivers never look in there mirrors. Thats why I am selective who I ride with.

I actually run at 90 or above on interstate, any less you will get run over in So Fla, don't tuck until 100 or more (going with the flow here means you see 90 - 100 a lot and this is just cars). Yes, I am a freak about mirrors too and ride at the back whenever I ride with unknown riders.

Do you cruise at 85 and under when your on the interstate? I realize that not all riders pay attention to there mirrors just as some left hand lane drivers never look in there mirrors. Thats why I am selective who I ride with.

Either way I put teh 1" extensions on teh bike the first week, next to teh Harley split vision mirrors the Busa mirrors are one of teh best viewing mirrors I ever had.

I'll be damn, I've been fighting my left mirror for years and as soon as I get off the bike I forget to research. Today I actually remembered and such an easy fix. Will be trying after work, THANKS!

EDIT: Well the next searched thread was one I created on 10-17-11 asking if there was a way to fix it. Guess I remembered to ask one time at least, haha

Back