bar end mirrors,hollow handlebars and triple clamps

onlyoneromeo

Registered
Ok guys. I did a search and the results of the results of the threads didnt really answer my questions. I purchased a set of bar end mirrors that said they would fit my 14 busa but it seems the bike comes with solid bars which makes it impossible to use without paying someone to hollow them out which I am not doing. I need to know are the bars replaceable without replacing the whole top triple and if so can someone point me in the direction of a place that sells them?

Welcome to the would of Custom!

Post a pic of the mirror mounts , and i can give you some ideas!

Ok guys. I did a search and the results of the results of the threads didnt really answer my questions. I purchased a set of bar end mirrors that said they would fit my 14 busa but it seems the bike comes with solid bars which makes it impossible to use without paying someone to hollow them out which I am not doing. I need to know are the bars replaceable without replacing the whole top triple and if so can someone point me in the direction of a place that sells them?

They're solid bars but are tapped(I think it's 6mm)at the ends to hold on the bar end weights.This is the one I use,the link comes up Kawasaki but it fits Busas.:laugh:

Special_8mm_BMW_Kawasaki_Bar_End_Mirror

Thanks Nasty,I think it works pretty good for what it is.Not as great as two big fairing mounted mirrors but it suits my needs for my riding style.:thumbsup:

I had a machinist turn a groove in the bar end to fit the mirrors clamp.

cheers
ken

nov11bikeshots044_zps66099479.jpg

Ok so here's what I did. I ordered a pair of bar end mirrors that would normally go into the hollow bar and I cut that piece off and used a spacer to take up some room because the bolt was too long. Voila. Problem solved.

IMG_20150724_200509.jpg

Ok so here's what I did. I ordered a pair of bar end mirrors that would normally go into the hollow bar and I cut that piece off and used a spacer to take up some room because the bolt was too long. Voila. Problem solved.

Ta DA! Awesome

Back