Worse than laying a new bike over....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
How about this poor guy.. he ejects and the plane is not crashed... Talk about hard to explain away...

Vance Air Force Base pilot ejects on runway

VANCE AIR FORCE BASE — A pilot at Vance Air Force Base ejected from a training aircraft Friday afternoon during a solo training mission, according to a news release from the base.

The pilot, who was not named, was the sole occupant of an Air Force T-6 A Texan II and ejected from the aircraft about 12:55 p.m. at the south end of the base, the news release said.

While the pilot did eject and use a parachute, the aircraft did not crash, officials said.

"The aircraft is intact, sitting off of the end of the base's runway 17L, with gear extended in the mud," the release said.

The pilot was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released.

Not unheard of. Here in Spain we had a couple of ocurrences with a nationally produced basic trainer jet (CASA C-101). Quite embarassing, but those are quite stable and forgiving. For the pilots credit, procedures are procedures, and I wouldn't criticize until seeng the incident report.

Casa_C-101_Aviojet_of_Patrulla_Aguila_Aerobatic_Team%2C_taxiing%2C_Radom_AirShow_2005%2C_Poland.jpg

PS: not a pilot hater or wannabe; we are only trying to retire them all with our UAVs :whistle:

Last edited:
I dont understand.
he was still on ground when he ejected ?
Or ejected and plane landed itself ?

lol, premature ejection. that's a rofl and a bag of sunchips.

Negative Ghostrider you are not clear for air temperature check...the runway is really full!

Like the Air Force needed more reasons for the rest of the services to bash them. LOL! Seriously though any flight that safely returns pilot and plane is a good one, even if it never left the ground. Better to do it in training than when scrambling after real bogeys.

I would also like to know if he was still on the ground when he ejected? Maybe he accidently pulled the lever.

hey maybe he had to go you know number whaaaa when ya gotta go you gotta go.....:rofl::rofl:

Back