croc on a plane- much worse than snakes

craigntx

Registered
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...d&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ukworldnews

Quote:
A small airliner crashed into a house, killing a British pilot and 19 others after a crocodile smuggled into the aircraft in a sports bag escaped and started a panic.
The plane came down despite no apparent mechanical problems during an internal flight in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
It has now emerged that the crash was caused by the concealed reptile escaping and causing a stampede in the cabin, throwing the aircraft off-balance.

A lone survivor apparently relayed the bizarre tale to investigators.
The crocodile survived the crash, only to be dispatched with a blow from a machete.
Danny Philemotte, the Belgian pilot and 62-year-old owner of the plane's operator, Filair, struggled in vain with the controls, with Chris Wilson, his 39-year-old First Officer from Shurdington, near Cheltenham, Glocs.
The plane was on a routine flight from the capital, Kinshasa, to the regional airport at Bandundu when the incident unfolded, on August 25.
It crashed into a house just a few hundred feet from its destination. The occupants of the property were outside at the time.
According to the inquiry report and the testimony of the only survivor, the crash happened because of a panic sparked by the escape of a crocodile hidden in a sports bag.
One of the passengers had hidden the animal, which he planned to sell, in a big sports bag, from which the reptile escaped as the plane began its descent into Bandundu.
A report of the incident said: "The terrified air hostess hurried towards the cockpit, followed by the passengers."
The plane was then sent off-balance "despite the desperate efforts of the pilot", said the report.
The plane was a Czech-made Let L-410 Turbolet, one of more than 1,100 produced as short-range transport aircraft and used mainly for passenger services.

Last edited:
How big of a croc could it have been if it was in a sports bag ?
I know people died and am very sorry for that but the mental image I got from reading the quote made me :rofl:

Sounds like he was only just a lil nippa ?
What were they all gonna do when they got to the cockpit , turn around and run back the other way ? :rofl:

Look at the bright side now there are 20 jobs to be had.
The crocodile survived the crash, only to be dispatched with a blow from a machete. I eat gator all the time never had croc I bet some one is eating good

look at the size of that beaut!!....oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh hes getting angry....lets poke him with a stick!! *best croc hunter voice RIP*

Look at the bright side now there are 20 jobs to be had.
The crocodile survived the crash, only to be dispatched with a blow from a machete. I eat gator all the time never had croc I bet some one is eating good

What's new down/over your way buddy?

(wouldn't mind some deep fried tail myself,haven't got to try any yet but after watchin' Swamp Men it does look pretty tasty)

Last edited:
What's new down/over your way buddy?
(wouldn't mind some deep fried tail myself,haven't got to try any yet but after watchin' Swamp Men it does look pretty tasty)

Not much Jeff
Were getting ready to go to Ocala to watch the Florida Reining Horse Competition , Reining pays good money I've seen some riders make up too $250,000.00 at one meet.
We have one Reining horse once I get to where I can walk & ride again we are plaining on going into competition.
As for the gator it don't taste like chicken it taste better I eat the whole gator don't waste any, you ever make it down this way for bike week or something we'll go get one.

Not much Jeff
Were getting ready to go to Ocala to watch the Florida Reining Horse Competition , Reining pays good money I've seen some riders make up too $250,000.00 at one meet.
We have one Reining horse once I get to where I can walk & ride again we are plaining on going into competition.
As for the gator it don't taste like chicken it taste better I eat the whole gator don't waste any, you ever make it down this way for bike week or something we'll go get one.

:thumbsup:

To bad ol' Sam Jackson wasnt on that flight, huh?

19snak_650.jpg

If the lone survivor was the one whole smuggled that croc he should be dispatched with a machete as well. doubt he would man up if he was though.

If the lone survivor was the one whole smuggled that croc he should be dispatched with a machete as well. doubt he would man up if he was though.

that would be Ironic...

"Yes Officer, some guy, umm.... yeah... he was ahh... yeah, I didnt see him, but what a jerk huh, gosh no respect for the law"
:laugh:

Back