Whoops !!!.........

Sloto you have a lot of cool information.

Planes are only as good as the pilots pushing the buttons.

(Sloto200 @ Dec. 06 2006,00:05) funny thing about this story is that the crew didnt even know anything was wrong until after they stopped.  They tried to use the ladder to get out of the plane ( it comes out of the belly) and realized after it only dropped about 1 foot that they had a real big problem.  There were so many bad things that happend on that flight from the copilot who didnt have the medical clearance to fly and the commander that told him he was; to the pilot who for some reason with no warning gave control of the plane over to the copilot during the landing sequence and between them had several misscommunitations.  Very unfortunate accident but thank god nobody was seriously injured!
I've flown for ALOT of years, but I can't understand how you DON'T know whether or not your medically cleared or not. It's not something only someone else knows and tells you. Especially in the Military if you've been grounded because of it, which the Co-Pilot evidently was  
wink.gif

And "OH" Yea, what happened to the CHECK LIST and warning horn ?

STRANGE  
rock.gif

(deldewey @ Dec. 05 2006,22:50) At about 10 p.m. local time on May 8, 2006, a 7th Bomb Wing B-1B Lancer based at Dyess AFB, Texas, made a wheels-up belly landing on runway 31 at Diego Garcia, skidding 7,500 feet down the runway. The aircraft was landing at the end of an 11 hour  ferry mission that started at <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Andersen AFB, Guam</span>.  During the landing, the B-1B caught fire and emergency crews extinguished the flames.  The four-person aircrew escaped from the plane through the overhead escape hatch. The aircraft was finally removed from the runway 4 days later.  The Air Force Accident Investigation concluded the pilots forgot to lower the landing gear.  The USAF estimated the damage to the B-1B at $7.9 million, and the damage to the runway at $14,025.  RBRM and those old SEABEES made one tough runway, that's for sure!  For those of you who've never seen a $285,000,000.00 bomber on the deck, here she is:
You know, I pass by there on a weekly basis.

We had nothing to do with it, I tell ya...

(PACIFICBUSA @ Dec. 06 2006,16:18)
(deldewey @ Dec. 05 2006,22:50) At about 10 p.m. local time on May 8, 2006, a 7th Bomb Wing B-1B Lancer based at Dyess AFB, Texas, made a wheels-up belly landing on runway 31 at Diego Garcia, skidding 7,500 feet down the runway. The aircraft was landing at the end of an 11 hour  ferry mission that started at <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Andersen AFB, Guam</span>.  During the landing, the B-1B caught fire and emergency crews extinguished the flames.  The four-person aircrew escaped from the plane through the overhead escape hatch. The aircraft was finally removed from the runway 4 days later.  The Air Force Accident Investigation concluded the pilots forgot to lower the landing gear.  The USAF estimated the damage to the B-1B at $7.9 million, and the damage to the runway at $14,025.  RBRM and those old SEABEES made one tough runway, that's for sure!  For those of you who've never seen a $285,000,000.00 bomber on the deck, here she is:

laugh.gif

What were you doing in that bomber with a razor
rock.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 06 2006,18:10)
(PACIFICBUSA @ Dec. 06 2006,16:18)

laugh.gif

What were you doing in that bomber with a razor
rock.gif
uhh...scraping off old tape. You know, after awhile some of the tape needs to be replaced in there, ya know? Can't have old tape in the airplanes, no sirree....

Then again, it doesn't hurt to be on top of things, ya know?

A little *wisk wisk* here, a little *wisk wisk* there...

Before you know it, bald as new!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back