WORRIED ABOUT STARTER ON 2002

CVN

Registered
I PURCHASED MY 02 HAYBUSA IN MAY OF 06. I RECENTLY READ ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THIS YEAR MODEL HAD WITH THE STARTER.  BEFORE I BOUGHT PARTS TO PREVENT THE PROBLEM, I WONDERED IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO IDENTIFY BETWEEN THE 2002 STARTERS AND THE IMPROVED 2003 STARTER.  I DO NOT HAVE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE BIKE.

I don't know, but as long as your battery is strong you won't have a problem. Its only when a weak battery is turning the starter slowly that kickback can happen. I bought a high output battery to avoid the problem. I boght my '02 in July,2002 and put over 50,000 miles without any problems with the kickback.

Keep battery charged...starter itself can tell you older ones have blue tag,new long shafts have green tag...

Keep battery charged...starter itself can tell you older ones have blue tag,new long shafts have green tag...

all it takes is one kickback to grenade your case. IMHO, I recommend calling orientexpress.com and order part # BIG1300-220 for $500. 1-800-654-6521.put 27,000 miles on my 02 before it went boom.

I PURCHASED MY 02 HAYBUSA IN MAY OF 06. I RECENTLY READ ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THIS YEAR MODEL HAD WITH THE STARTER.  BEFORE I BOUGHT PARTS TO PREVENT THE PROBLEM, I WONDERED IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO IDENTIFY BETWEEN THE 2002 STARTERS AND THE IMPROVED 2003 STARTER.  I DO NOT HAVE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE BIKE.
I can get you the whole 03 upgrade kit,hit me up and give you a discount for your old parts...

Back