world record-zx12

OB_busa

Registered
what do you guy's think of the post on dragbike.com claiming of ricky's zx-12 being the fastest & quickest stock bike.lowered,back wheel pulled all the way back and whatever motor mods

Turbo Rick runs in the stock appearing class and I think his bike can take him out pretty easily. That's with stock exhaust and all.

Rickey is a great rider and is doing his job as a FACTORY rider perfectly!! Rickeys bike is a pre-production handbuilt bike from the Kawi factory. On top of that it has been to Muzzys for some extra looking into. If anyone thinks his bike is anywhere near stock except for looks you are just plane DUMB!! Rickeys bike was put onto the street to beat all stock and very lightly modded street production bikes. If it was just a little too fast Kawi would never be able to build a production version to match it. If it was just a tad to slow, Kawi would look TOTALLY stupid and the sales of the new 12R would be a disaster. If everyone would just forget the stories they are hearing about how "fast" his bike is and wait until a production version hits the streets, you will sleep a lot better at night. By the way, in my opinion the 12R will be about 1-3 mph faster than the Busa due to the narrowness and aerodynamics of the bike and possibly be a tad quicker in the 1/4 ONLY because it comes stock with a better clutch for drag racing. Once a few mods are done the 12R will NEVER be able to hang with the almighty BUSA!!!

Congratultions to Ricky Gadson riding a preproduction ZX12, and a bigger applause to Kawasaki's marketing VP for the great effort.

I will form an opinion on the highway this summer for myself.

Sorry to disappoint you but light dont always make right and thin dont mean it's in.If you look at top speed land vehicles you will see that the areodynamic advantage are things that are cone or bullet shaped.There is already a 1200cc bike that has 180 horsepower at the rear wheel not and the crank and does 198mph top end.It's shape is vey simular to the ZX12.I have said and always will say that the ZX12 will not beat the 1300 at top end.It might beat it in the 1/4 mile only because the Busa is hard to launch due to the clutch.It might come close to the Busas top end speed but I dont see the 12 as being that areodynamically advanged

That's right the ugly after thought of:
"oops we forgot how to get air to the air box" snorkle is real areodynamic. And it's attractive too.

Cannot wait for those bikes to get here I need some more money from young squids and their green bikes. Happy New year!

Not to worry if one of those ZX12's show up to Bonneville this year I'll make sure to send it home with it's tail between it's legs
The Busa will still Rule

Turbo Rick

Back