Fastest/quickest STOCK motor with boost?

ZeePopo, The clearance after the longer chain was about 1 1/4 inches. That gave the tire plenty of room for expansion.

Little update. No 7s. Ran into many issues after that track day. Sold the whole turbo kit. Probably just make the bike into a bracket bike since that’s where the money is at around my neck of the woods.
Hi. What is a stock motor? Is it as came from the factory? Like with stock clutch? Stock gearing? My motor will be stock LOL. As it has stock cases,block and head as they came with the bike when I bought it.

Hi. What is a stock motor? Is it as came from the factory? Like with stock clutch? Stock gearing? My motor will be stock LOL. As it has stock cases,block and head as they came with the bike when I bought it.
Stock long block motor. No head studs, stock rods pistons head transmission. Just a bolt on turbo kit is all that was added. I put a hand slider clutch in to go 8.06 and I went 8.31 with a factory hand clutch.

I decided this year to keep mine NA and shoot for the record. Maybe next year throw on a turbo and go. 7's with the right setup and tuning will be possible, especially if the chassis is setup correctly. This year my bike is receiving a chassis makeover lol.

If mine doesn't go 7.70s this season on this stock engine I'm gonna pull the turbo kit off and go back to NA and do a head cam set up and go 8.80s up here in Albuquerque @8500-9000' DA. the turbo is fun but I really like the all motor full slider stuff that would be pretty fun and not really having to worry about breaking a engine

That’s about what I expect. Maybe a little faster. But that would be pushing it. Since Chris Moore went 7.9x on a bike that was 35x pounds I believe. Plus that bike probably makes more hp then a gen 2 if not the same. Hard to get a busa below 400 pounds. And not cheap.
Even EJR's Megatron is over 400lbs and he has been working hard on weight reduction

8.20 at 164 NA? That's hard to believe. My bike weighs 445 lbs and it's 625 race ready. I've been 1.261 to the 60 ft and 8.51 @ 154. Going to make some more hits tonight and it should break into the 40s. The engine is completely stock, valve covers never been off and the last time the plugs were installed the bike was in Japan.

Screenshot_20220209-105452_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
8.20 at 164 NA? That's hard to believe. My bike weighs 445 lbs and it's 625 race ready. I've been 1.261 to the 60 ft and 8.51 @ 154. Going to make some more hits tonight and it should break into the 40s. The engine is completely stock, valve covers never been off and the last time the plugs were installed the bike was in Japan.

View attachment 1646925
Nice. Ya I finally pulled the stock pugs out last year for some fresh ones lol.

Ya you are definitely gonna need more mph to get there. Bike is flying for sure and looks great!

Ya you are definitely gonna need more mph to get there. Bike is flying for sure and looks great!
It won't make any more MPH @ 625 lbs with the current 17/52 gearing. I need every bit of mechanical advantage possible to try to get into the 40s. I've been 158 at 17/47 but it's a 10th slower with that gearing. I just want to go forties once, then try to spray the stock motor into the 7's or blow it up before I put in the big motor that's sitting on the stand ready to go. Loading it up now and heading to Orlando Speed World

Screenshot_20220209-132929_Gallery.jpg

It won't make any more MPH @ 625 lbs with the current 17/52 gearing. I need every bit of mechanical advantage possible to try to get into the 40s. I've been 158 at 17/47 but it's a 10th slower with that gearing. I just want to go forties once, then try to spray the stock motor into the 7's or blow it up before I put in the big motor that's sitting on the stand ready to go. Loading it up now and heading to Orlando Speed World

View attachment 1646928
What clutch set up are you running? It will go 7s with the spray for sure.

Back