Fastest 1/4 mile trap speed recorded by a stock 2012 14R?

Eddie

Registered
Got a local guy saying he recorded the fastest 1/4 mile trap speed for a stone stock '12 14R and also backed it up (but NOT on the same day, so technically, he didn't back it up). He's claiming 160 and 161mph. Does anyone know if any other stock '12 14s have been 160mph in the 1/4?

And you care because :poke: next time just tell him that's what your Busa does in a 1000 feet with a straight face and walk away :laugh:

It's funny, I checked the website race results for the track he claimed to do it at, and the fastest he went the weekend he said he went 160 was actually 148mph according to what was on the site. Even though typos and screw ups can and are made, I thought 148mph to be right around what the bike should run stock.

I have heard he has time slips saying 160, but I haven't seen them. What people don't realize is, time slips CAN lie. "Candy wrapper" passes DO happen. I wanted to see his 1/8 mile MPH more than his 1/4 mile MPH on the slip though. If his 1/8 MPH is 120 and the 1/4 MPH was 160, I know it would have been a candy wrapper pass. It's highly unlikely the bike would be picking up 40mph out the back!

And you care because :poke: next time just tell him that's what your Busa does in a 1000 feet with a straight face and walk away :laugh:

It just didn't sound right to me. Like I said, the track's site said 148 for the weekend he was claiming 160. 14s run well, but 160+mph stone stock in the 1/4?:poke:

It just didn't sound right to me. Like I said, the track's site said 148 for the weekend he was claiming 160. 14s run well, but 160+mph stone stock in the 1/4?:poke:
He's got his story and now you have yours :laugh:

I have run 148 with my 06 14 with pipe pc and -1 and flies out.the 2012 is quite a bit stronger,i would say 152 ish stock with good rider

I have run 148 with my 06 14 with pipe pc and -1 and flies out.the 2012 is quite a bit stronger,i would say 152 ish stock with good rider

Yeah, 152ish is still a far cry from 160-162. Sounds like a candy wrapper pass to me, assuming he does have time slips.

There's no way a bone stock 14R will run 160 mph in the 1/4. Lee Pritchard (smokinzx14) from bikeland.org has an 012 14R. He has a Brock pipe, stretched, air shifter, that's about it. He's one heck of a good rider and weighs about 150 suited. He's run 8.47 @162.6 in the 1/4, on 89 pump gas. The 14R's are quick and fast, with the right rider.

Lee is also at one of the "fastest" tracks in the country. If he came up to my track which has been fully calibrated this year, he would run extremely slow in comparison.....ok, I forgot to mention we are at 5300' altitude and in the Summer months the DA is as high as 9000'. :lol:

Got a local guy saying he recorded the fastest 1/4 mile trap speed for a stone stock '12 14R and also backed it up (but NOT on the same day, so technically, he didn't back it up). He's claiming 160 and 161mph. Does anyone know if any other stock '12 14s have been 160mph in the 1/4?

NO WAY a stock bike is running 160+ traps.....not in 2012...

One huge factor is what is "stock"? Not strapped, not lowered, stock exhaust, factory mudflap, factory air filter, pump gas, etc. Often times "stock" bikes are fully stock.

My buddy just bought a 2012 14, and legit drags cars. He has more research on this bike than Kawi I think :laugh: and he :rofl: when I told him what this guy is claiming.

Back