WOOHOO!! Just found out i can get Busa for cost!!!

Well, no big deal, so we are not sure what the actual cost is on a new Busa. I am happy with the deal I got either way. I'll be even happier when that baby is sitting in my garage. God, i can't even begin to imagine the kind of power this bike is goin to have. I had an '02 R6 before this one, and that is the biggest bike i've ever been on.

I bought mine in beginning of May '03 in Canada. Paid $12,999. Exchange rate was about 1.40 CDN = 1.00 US at the time which works out to be $9285 US. Vehicles seem cheaper up here for some reason. I noticed that with cars as well and am not sure why.

Well my American friends, Think yourselves very lucky that you can buy a new bike so cheaply. List price in the UK is £8695.00 ($13912). I managed to pick up a special edition Z all Black with titanium forks for the knock down price of £7600.00 ($12160).
I know the reason for this is the very strong exchange rate for Sterling against the US dollar, but you do get get much better deals in the US. compaired with the UK and europe, and I say good luck to you!!!
kickass.gif

I sell Pontiacs and Cadillacs and if motorcycles have $3,000 markup- I'M IN THE WRONG BUSINESS! That's more markup than a $30,000 Bonneville! Anyone looking for a good Motorcycle Salesman?

I have a good friend that owns a Suzuki franchise. He doesn't sell very many street bikes but pays $8,800 I get them for $9,200 amd sell them for $10k if you want one. I beat all the local dealers by $1000. He tells me high volume dealers pay $8,200 for the Busa. He just wants to get rid of them to make room for 4 wheelers, and dirt bikes.

I am quite sure cost is 9100 or 9200(US). I just bought my 03 busa and I actually asked the sales manager a few questions regarding this matter.
As I understood it, at least here is Canada, Suzuki gives incentives which come straight off the customer cost of the bike. So it may actually sell for LESS than dealer cost, but when the year end comes Suzuki will cut them a cheque for all the rebates they owe them.. as well, they get bonuses for units sold, etc which also factor into their bottom line profit. He said in generall they usually make 500 to 1000 (Canadian) per bike.

I paid $12,900 Canadian for my new busa, which at the current xchange rate of $72.73 US works out to be $9382 US, but there was also a $436.38 (us) / $600 (CAN) Suzuki rebate on.

Just me 2 cents....
We bought a 750 Kat as well and, because of the current rebates worked out a sweet deal as well.

Maybe we get more rebates in Canada, due to our season starting to wind down, I don't know. But I am happy about it.

Iron

Sigh...Okay folks.

1. Volume affects a dealer's price. This is why so many small dealers are dying off. Big volume shops undercut them, sometimes selling their units lower than the small volume dealer's COST.

2. Most dealers pay out the nose in flooring costs. The quicker they turn around a unit, the less expense they pay to have it sitting in their showroom. I.E. their profits falls just by having the bike sit there. Again, slower volume dealers pay much more flooring costs.

3. Dealers can and will often sell units under their own cost just to move them. "Dealer list price" is just as much a gimmick in motorcycles as it is in cars. You will ***never*** know the TRUE dealer cost of a unit unless you are the sales manager for the dealership. Even "close friend" deals have some token amount tacked on to cover those past flooring/financing costs. Depending on the model and the manufacturer instructions, some models are off-limits to predatory underpricing, but it still happens, and if/when dealers get caught, they get their wrists slapped or much worse, depending on the severity and situation.

Ergo, quoting one price as a magic "dealer list/price" is total hog-crap.

However, if you're happy for what you paid for yours, you should be, it was still discounted compared to what many others willingly paid, and that's the real issue to most folks. Just don't be so naive as to think that you're the ultra-most-special person who paid lower than anyone else can/did. And even if you were, who the f*** cares? Just be happy and go ride, the rest is pointless and annoying attempts at bragging that reveal things about one's character...

Back