California Painters? Anyone?

Bigfisch

Registered
I am looking to get Imelda some fresh paint. I spoke with one (very nice) painter here in Bakersfield yesterday and was quoted $1000 for just the paint (2 tone and clear) and another cost of $500++ for some air brushing. I am willing to pay for a good paint job, but is this a little much?

I will let the cat out of the bag. (Damn Scar for this!!) I am going to paint Imelda to look like a US NAVY ship. I had thought about it for months, and after a conversation with (much loved) Scar it was set in stone in my mind. I spent the better part of the entire night figuring out where to put the waterline (fellow squids know what Im talking about). :banghead::banghead:

So now that ya all know what I am up to, can anyone point me in the direction of someone that might be a little lower cost, but still good quality? Public or private messages would be of much help!

Thank you all in advance for any and all help!

BigFisch

Nothing but love shipmate!

Last edited:
Whassup, Shipmate?

I can't wait to see what Imelda's going to look like re-dressed as a US Navy Warship...USS IMELDA! CG-1300.

Painting her out as a ship is an awesome idea!

I'll check here in Phoenix to see if there's anyone who can avail...otherwise, I don't know anyone in SD who can help, but certainly someone in Cali will step up with some advice.

:beerchug:

Kudos, Shipmate.

Not quite sure what I am going to give her for a hull number yet, but I am going to have these painted on the solo cowl

One on each side.

CIMG0013.jpg

Hi Derrick,
Wish I knew, I will keep my ears open.

Can't wait to see this one, she will be unique indeed:thumbsup:
Bubba

Now you realize that if you painted her like a submarine, you could put the waterlines on top!

:rofl:

OH HECK NO!!!! All my respects to the Sub guys, but NO WAY am I gonna paint Imelda to look like that!
I am a surface sailor till death. Run silent, run deep is all good, but not on Imelda!

OH HECK NO!!!! All my respects to the Sub guys, but NO WAY am I gonna paint Imelda to look like that!
I am a surface sailor till death. Run silent, run deep is all good, but not on Imelda!

Hey, c'mon...the ideas just keep flowing...:rofl:...like waves across the bow.

The waves can keep flowing, as long as they are going UNDER the bow!:poke:

I never liked the smell of a sub when they hit port and FINALLY opened up the hatches.:puke:

The waves can keep flowing, as long as they are going UNDER the bow!:poke:

I never liked the smell of a sub when they hit port and FINALLY opened up the hatches.:puke:

Ouch...dang, bro...

Okay...now you've gone and done it. I'm breaking out the missiles and firing a warning shot across your bow...

:rofl:

Please stand by for a thread entitled "SHARK!"

There are actually 2 colors of gray. Haze gray, (light gray) and a dark gray for the water line and below. Nothing elaborate, kind of like this......

waterline.jpg

Whassup, Shipmate?

I can't wait to see what Imelda's going to look like re-dressed as a US Navy Warship...USS IMELDA! CG-1300.

Painting her out as a ship is an awesome idea!

I'll check here in Phoenix to see if there's anyone who can avail...otherwise, I don't know anyone in SD who can help, but certainly someone in Cali will step up with some advice.

Kudos, Shipmate.

Plz post im always looking for the best painter for a decent price

Sounds like a great idea Bigfisch. Can't wait to see the finished product. Wish I could help you with your search to find a good painter. The number he quoted you sounded good to me. I have gotten quotes from 1200 to almost 1800 to do what I want to do.

dud if you can get a GOOD paintjob for 1200-1800 JUMP on it.

What I am looking for is NOTHING as detailed as what you have shown. The worst is going to be airbrushing of the symbols on the cowl and awards on the tank. Not much else other than 2 shades of gray.

Thanks for that info though! I will bite the bullet and get it done then.

The 2 shops that I am looking to have do the work both have very talented artist and do really good work to get the bike ready for paint. My biggest problem is trying to decide on what level I want to take the graphics too and what direction I want to go with the graphics. Good luck on getting the paint job done!

Back