cost for used busa

rosco15

Registered
I've been wanting to get a busa for a while and am finally getting serious about it. Not sure if I should get a new one or look around for a good used one. My question is what is a used busa worth. I've seen some 02 and 03's at the dealer for around $8900 (ouch). I've seen them NEW advertised for around $9400. And finally a friend of mine got a fairly clean 99 with 21000 miles for $4800. So what should I expect to pay for a used bike.

Thanks,
Ryan
www.rccracing.com

Depends on what you want. The Busa is essentially unchanged since it first came off the production line. If you want something new you can expect to pay b/w $9500 and $11000 (OTD) depending on where you live. A new bike means you will get the 1 yr., unlimited mileage warranty and the option to pick up the extended warranty. Anywhere b/w $5000 and $9000 for something used. The lower price is someone just desperate enough to need to get rid of the bike or someone setting you for a fall so be careful. Most likely not going to have a warranty. You may be able to find an '04 that hasn't sold and is new, but discounted. Shop around and see what you can find. Several members here have bikes for sale.

I bought a 2k stock red/gray w/11k miles in Dec./04 for $6,100. Mint condition.

<!--EDIT|Hyachaos
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108246542 -->

I've been wanting to get a busa for a while and am finally getting serious about it.  Not sure if I should get a new one or look around for a good used one.  My question is what is a used busa worth.  I've seen some 02 and 03's at the dealer for around $8900 (ouch).  I've seen them NEW advertised for around $9400.  And finally a friend of mine got a fairly clean 99 with 21000 miles for $4800.  So what should I expect to pay for a used bike.

Thanks,
Ryan
www.rccracing.com
I was thinking about buying a used Busa until these guys convinced me to buy a new one.

Go with the new Busa. Besides the warranty your interest rate should be lower buying a new bike.

Sean

BigBSBusa is right, a really steal would be to hunt for a 04' model of busa... which the dealer has not managed to sell
smile.gif
You will get it at a real good price...! Thats what I did, I bought a 2004 model and have ordered some clear lamp indicators for my busa. Thats the only difference on a 04 and 05
tounge.gif

But, If you want to buy a used one... I'd suggest you check out Http://www.nadaguides.com , or some similar site. They have information regarding used bike. 99-00 models are a wee bit faster than the later one. Just hought i'd let you know...
biggrin.gif

you want a 2000+. Buy used and save your cash for mods or a second bike. You should easliy find a used 2000 for $5000-6000 if you are patient and actually bother to look. Don;t jump on the first bike you see.

We'll I got my Honda for sale. Talked to the dealer about a trade in on an 05 busa. His offer was not even worth talking about. And his price on the 05 was 600 more than I can drive 3 hours and get it for. I did find an 04LE that I can get for 8500. 3400 miles. real clean. I need to sell the Honda either way.

I would buy new if you can swing it, your best deal would be on a 04....there are still plenty of them out there
wink.gif

As of last October, Oneida Suzuki (www.oneidesuzuki.com) in upstate New York had a new 2003 LE for $9200 and 2 new black/purple 2004's (didn't ask for the price on those).

Their dealership is in a small sleepy town, and given the time of year, I would have to think they still have some of them. They were very friendly when I bought mine last year. I dealt with a guy named Fred.

It's a bit of a haul from Ohio, but they might be able to ship... Worth a call...

Back