Turbo Cost

Dang, every time I tried to work this out i failed... I did find the formula that came the closest to working however:

Parts + Parts + Labor = Estimate X 2 = Real costs :laugh:
if racing:
Parts + Parts + Labor = Estimate X 50 = Real costs

Dang, every time I tried to work this out i failed... I did find the formula that came the closest to working however:

Parts + Parts + Labor = Estimate X 2 = Real costs :laugh:
if racing:
Parts + Parts + Labor = Estimate X 50 = Real costs

:rofl:

its ALOT easier to pop a head gasket on a stage 1 running WOT than you believe "any hwy, interstate, even on a back road should allow you plenty of room to do it" you can pop one on a quick 170mph pull, maybe some guys who have done it will chime in

keep in mind yoyu gonna have to do alot more maintaning of your bike and im not too sure but i hear turbos need rebuilding every 20-25k

keep in mind yoyu gonna have to do alot more maintaning of your bike and im not too sure but i hear turbos need rebuilding every 20-25k

besides checking and maintaining the chain, putting gas in the bike, and changing the oil and filter what else would you do "i can see small stuff such as keeping an eye on fuel hoses" but other than that once they are installed and tuned correctly they are kinda like most bikes. I just base this off of my friends turbo that he rides as a streetbike all the time. Then again I'm sure there are some bikes that haven't been built and tuned right and even a few that have that could still be a real pain in the butt.
*buy quality kit
*get a good tune
:thumbsup:

its ALOT easier to pop a head gasket on a stage 1 running WOT than you believe "any hwy, interstate, even on a back road should allow you plenty of room to do it" you can pop one on a quick 170mph pull, maybe some guys who have done it will chime in

So would an intercooler fix this issue if you want to do a long run?

So would an intercooler fix this issue if you want to do a long run?
yes an intercooler will allow you to run a higher level of boost or may even allow you to run the lower level of boost longer, C 16 and a good tune are an important part of WOT on turbos. You should ask Richard at RCC about the intercooler on a stage 1, it def would allow you to run higher boost, but then you stock internal motor wouldn't be able to handle it. I firmly believe in buying the best kit you can afford and if that meant a stage 1 with an intercooler then thats a good start. Later on you can save to buy secondaries for your kit and the parts to build your motor. Thats whats good about RCC the stage 1 kits let you make 222-250Hp safely and then you can easily upgrade to a stage 2 buy adding secondaries to your existing setup and go out and make 400+HP

Figure $5-7K total for it all. Another thing, if your gonna sit in traffic, forget the intercooler. Stick with your stock topend. Pistons and all are not needed for a stage1. Unless you plan to run racegas, the stock parts will be more than fine with pumpgas boost levels. I've been through all this in the last 2 years. Call me for any questions. 540-223-3785 Paul

Last edited:
Mr Bogus speaks the truth. In my experience with cars, whatever you plan on spending, high ball it and add 35% and it will be real close to what you actually are out of pocket by the time you're happy. And happy means: you're drinking a brew-ha looking at your beautiful creation sitting in the garage like a piece of artwork with it fully tuned and ready for battle. :beerchug:

I find it is cheaper nowadays with so many turbo bikes out there...that if i was to do it, i would just sell my bike and buy one with a kit already installed and tuned...:whistle:

Back