With $1,000...

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 07 2006,22:58) True. The Akrapovic slip-ons at this one site are about 730... and full systems aren't that much more. But... I like having two pipes!!! I definitely want performance but I also want looks... so this whole thing is gonna be a nightmare to figure out.
I like the dual exhaust also. But you lose HP in comparison to single. HMF makes a sweet high mount dual exhaust

If you only put out this post a week earlier, I would've sold you my FULL BDE/Hindle w/PCIIIUSB for $700. I spent $1300 for both/new.

Oh well. Good luck with the quest for the perfect "$1000 mod."
cool.gif

I think (right now) I'm going with:

Akrapovic bolt-on cans (for looks and sound)
43 rear sprocket ?
speedohealer ?
Triple clamp to lower the front 1"
Dogbones to lower the rear 2"

This will definitely give my bike a better appearance to go along with my new undertail and dark double bubble. And I'll get a little bit more acceleration with the 43 and cans (not that much, though). If I go with this little set-up, is there anything I'm missing? As in other things I need to do/buy to make it all work properly? Thanks, again!

dude-seriously leave tha slip-ons alone! i know you love to slip on that warm fuzzy sock at night...not on your foot either
wow.gif

but for the $$ its a total waste-find a good used set of HMFs or Yoshimura, or do a sinlge-side setup (most HP w/1 pipe). Then add a PC III, do airbox mod, and get a map-you wont be able to handle that power fully for months bro-trust me!

also, dont drop the rear -2"-you will slam that big 'ole rubber (not your slip-on one) into that nice tailsection if you hit a good bump...go -1" at most in the rear-I just did that mod this afternoon (dropped front n rear -1" each with Triple clamp n dogbones)

and POO on the speedohealer- until you're doin RIDCULOUSLY illegal speeds, your speedo isnt that far off with even 16/42 gears (I know cuz I got'em). If speedo says 85 Im goin bout 72, at 100 Im around 88mph-dont matter its still SPEEDING!!! so save that $$ for more socks and kleenex, brah-and stop fantasizing about Slip-ons so dang much!
tounge.gif

here's a pic of my HMFs-

mybusa.JPG

Your best bang for the buck would be a full system , PCIII usb , a pair valve block off kit and 16/42 gearing . Also do the small airbox mod and get a BMC race filter . Whatever exhaust you get stay away from the stainlees steel finish . Go with a titanium or carbon fiber finish. Trust me on this one . Akropovic , Brock Hindle, TiForce, HMF are top of the line exhaust and you'll be happy with either one . Yosh on a budget but its better than stock and will give you good gains along with the other mods.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the Water Pump Mod and the Oil Cooler Removal Mod to me
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm constantly changing my mind now... and BigD, you ain't makin' it easy! LOL!

Whatever I decide to do, it'll be based on looks and money....

(tinmann @ Sep. 08 2006,06:59) Your best bang for the buck would be a full system , PCIII usb , a pair valve block off kit and 16/42 gearing . Also do the small airbox mod and get a BMC race filter . Whatever exhaust you get stay away from the stainlees steel finish . Go with a titanium or carbon fiber finish. Trust me on this one . Akropovic , Brock Hindle, TiForce, HMF are top of the line exhaust and you'll be happy with either one . Yosh on a budget but its better than stock and will give you good gains along with the other mods.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the Water Pump Mod and the Oil Cooler Removal Mod to me
rock.gif
rock.gif
I saw a kit some where to remove the oil cooler.

BUT

What is the water pump mod? I am with Tinman on this one. Someone help us out with the answer.

Don

rock.gif

well i was going to input but it seems as its all covered.

leave the slipons alone yourll regret it in the future and will be hard to get rid of.

go +3 in the rear sprocket

get a pciii

get a filter and small airbox mod

oh and remeber EBAY is your friend,,,,....

A grand is really not enough to get all the goodies that you would need.
I would go with the Ti Force Sumo full titanium single high pipe if it were me.
And that is what I'm getting when my ship comes in.
Dont waste your $$ on slip on's is right!

But just changing out your rear to 43,you will say "Yea Baby"....

Back