Wish me luck

My bike is not up to lining up with yours.But I will be there. If I understand it right it might cost 50 to 100 bucks? Still sounds good to me. Hope theres a date set that I can get to.

Congrats Pat, and best of luck!!!.....they'd be stupid not to pick that thing!!!
thumbs-up.gif

Coolness.
Congrats on the pre-liminary anxiety causer.. .he he
Your ride is very smooth indeed and worthy of a couple pages.
When I had my car in Hot VWs many years ago, I didn't have a choice. Of course everyone wants their ride in a mag. They had taken pics of it and knew my story. but never asked me to sign anything because the Show entry paperwork had a disclosure and waiver. So they ran the pics of it. I got word from other people on Saturday night, that it was in there and I was in an area that the only place to get the magazine was in a general store high up in the mountains, close to me and it didn't open til Monday at Noon, so I was so anxious and dying about seeing it. Had to wait 36 hours to get the mag. And it was a pretty good feeling to see it there.

RsN

I've seen alot of Busa's and I have to admit that yours ranks in the top 3...Job well done...
evil.gif

I've seen alot of Busa's and I have to admit that yours ranks in the top 3...Job well done...  
evil.gif
Thats a huge compliment and very appreciated, thanks.

Last night I sent a list of about everything that has been done to Aaron Frank, Editor in Cheif, per his request and a reply e-mail said thanks thats enough to get started and also said thinking of an article. Made me wonder if now they would like to do an actual feature on the bike or just stating article in the eye candy gallery So i asked, and here's was his reply

Aaron wrote:Cool. I'll watch for the disc. I'm thinking main feature bike for Eye Candy,
but haven't committed yet. To be honest, I'm up to my ears in Busa feature
bikes and a lot of them are really sick--600 hp turbo/nitrous motors, car
tires on bead-lock rims, crazy paint and bodywork, etc. But like I said, I
haven't decided yet--that your bike caught my eye really says something. I
see so damn many Busas through my email that I usually ignore them unless
they're *really* radical. But yours is just so damn clean and sharp...

Aaron

He thinks my bike is clean
laugh.gif
Like i said on the other site, little does he know there's a small stone in the tread of the rear tire. I actually put it there in case anyone comes over to look at it, makes it look like i really ride
blush.gif
Anyway, man that would be so cool to be the featured bike for that month. And don't worry, i'll always remember the little people .LOL
tounge.gif

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support on this. Would be a dream come true after all the money and time.

That will definitely be sweet! Your bike is an icon with the power and look. Can't wait to see it in print!

Good luck Pat, even dow you don't need it because your ride just ROCKS!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103778250 -->

Yeah, but the only thing is that Pat's Busa is NOT ONLY EYECANDY... There's a monster hidden in there somewhere. I've said it a million times how much I love that bike. I use the pic as my screensaver at work.
biggrin.gif
Hope you don't mind Pat?
rock.gif
I just love lookin' at it because that is my FAVORITE color. I had to detract slightly from my paint job so as not to copy you. You did it before I did, so I must concede to you.
Well said. I think Pat's ride deserves a full on article, not just a spot in an eye candy gallery. How many bikes in the WORLD look that farkin' sweet and run in the 8's?
rock.gif

I say we get an email addy and let those folks at the mag know how awesome this bike really is. With enough interest I bet they'd give him full coverage.
wink.gif

rock.gif

I think a lot of those bikes in that mag is really over-kill with busy paint. Pat's bike is clean, and simple, thats what I like about it. Its not all air-brushed out with the freddy kruggers etc etc. Perfect color, a little bling and a motor to boot. The magazine would be foolish not to run a feature. Kinda before and after, geared towards the average guys budget, a budget that doesn't have 5 grand to throw away at some air brushed freddy krugger paint scheme. I still read the article about the busa verses the GSXR-1000 where both bikes had the same set-up and ran the 1/4 mile against each other. Shoot I think that was thier 3rd magazine published.

Bulletrain- you know you've always been my favorite (lol). I appreciate what you said above. But I have a better idea. How about instead of flooding Aarons e-mail with letters, I'll just send him the link to this page and if he has time, maybe he can browse through it. But it does look pretty good that I may get an article. But we'll see. Even if it isn't this time, maybe they'll want to do something in the future. I'm going to have my brother do a real photoshoot next year to see if we can capture the real look of the bike. Hard to get the candy look on a digital. When we get those i'll send those to a couple different mags and see what happens. Take care and Merry Christmas. Hope one day I can shake your hand for all the compliments you have given me. Thank-you.

<!--EDIT|CANDYBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103843769 -->

Back