Winter Mods

Exhaust sounds great ...
super.gif

If you had the tail apart, it is one of the bolts that hold the factory plastic undertail up,!

(GIXERHP @ Apr. 14 2007,18:25) If you want ill post a pic!
I didn't have the tail apart, but who knows. I've been missing those two bolts and nuts since last summer. It's a little hard to believe that this one never fell out over the 2500 miles I've ridden.

Can you post a pic to ease my fears? Thx!

(SuzukiRider @ Apr. 14 2007,17:23) Exhaust sounds great ...  
super.gif
Thanks. I can't wait to get it dynoed. I plan to film that in all it's glory too. Then you'll get to hear it in full rage.

(thebbbusa @ Apr. 14 2007,14:19)
(J.Busa @ Apr. 14 2007,17:11) On my bike, they are hex heads. Under the subframe in the front where it mounts to the frame- directly above the driver footpeg.....
Only place I could find that bolt....
beerchug.gif
With a philips in the middle?  I didn't see any in that area.  Can you get a pic?

I didn't have any of that area disassembled, but you never know.
Walk over to your bike on the left hand side. Bend down and look directly above the chain where the subframe meets the frame.The plastic undertail is bolted there on both sides.. If you look at the side of your bike, the tail section bolt is at the same spot as that bolt is underneath.
biggrin.gif

(J.Busa @ Apr. 14 2007,18:41)
(thebbbusa @ Apr. 14 2007,14:19)
(J.Busa @ Apr. 14 2007,17:11) On my bike, they are hex heads. Under the subframe in the front where it mounts to the frame- directly above the driver footpeg.....
Only place I could find that bolt....
beerchug.gif
With a philips in the middle?  I didn't see any in that area.  Can you get a pic?

I didn't have any of that area disassembled, but you never know.
Walk over to your bike on the left hand side. Bend down and look directly above the chain where the subframe meets the frame.The plastic undertail is bolted there on both sides.. If you look at the side of your bike, the tail section bolt is at the same spot as that bolt is underneath.
biggrin.gif
Ok, I just went out there and laid on the ice cold garage floor. I see the bolt you are referring to, and this looks identical to it. I have the one you are speaking of, and I have one on both sides.

There are two more on the rear of the bike, in the back of the trunk, also mounting the undterail to the frame. I am missing both of those, but they've been gone for a very long time. It's hard to believe that one just fell out the other day, but it's possible.

So the question is, are these bolts only used here, or could I be missing one somewhere else?

The part number for that screw is 09113-06001 and I did a search on ronayers.com site and it says the only place that screw is used is (4) on the undertail mount. I am reasonably confident now, that this is one of the missing ones in the trunk from last summer. Doh!

Back