Winter Gloves

TheAtomicAss

Registered
Well now that it's getting nippy, I've started to notice how good the ventilation is on my current gloves. Very good.
wow.gif

So I went out and bought a pair of cheap skiing gloves, and while they can get me to and from work, and other short distances, longer rides, 10m+, leave me with chilly hands. Add to that, they make it almost impossible to get any throttle, clutch or brake feedback...

So I'd like to know about materials to look for, as I've seen numerous gloves with leather from animals other than cows, and I'm curious as to their qualities. I need something that will keep the wind out very well, but still be rather thin. I plan on getting some widder gloves later on, but that probably won't be until next winter.

Oh yeah, Rhythm, I bought a roadcrafter, so I'm back on the road again.
cool.gif

I know there are a lot of options out there and believe me I have been through them all. Well, most of them.

I want to steer you to an immediate answer smacking this problem head on!

Gerbing.com
gloves2.jpg

When you have either cold feet, hands or your core, you are going to be miserable.

Check out there heated vest, too

Getting a leg up on other riders regarding your gear suddenly goes one step further!  
wink.gif

TourMaster Winter Elite gloves. Fair price and warm, comfortable leather gloves with rain cover included.
I have used them for several years...

David

I know there are a lot of options out there and believe me I have been through them all. Well, most of them.

I want to steer you to an immediate answer smacking this problem head on!

Gerbing.com
gloves2.jpg

When you have either cold feet, hands or your core, you are going to be miserable.

Check out there heated vest, too

Getting a leg up on other riders regarding your gear suddenly goes one step further!  
wink.gif
I looked at the whole line of Gerbing, and I gotta say it would be nice to have, (I have a seperate electric/oil heater in my room that stays cranked around 80 all winter long), I like it hot when going down the road.  
smile.gif

The only problem is price, I'm pretty much tapped out right now, so anything over $20 would have to wait until next winter.  
sad.gif

This winter, though, I need something extremely cheap that'll keep the wind out.  Maybe if I get some money for christmas I'll get the Gerbing glove liners...

Now someone told me that the Busa's alt. develops 90 amps.  And here I am with a 20 amp alt.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135095067 -->

Move to So. CA and keep your gloves!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

It was 20 this morning on my way to work and I didn't feel a thing with my widder gloves. If you get get them next year I'm sure you won't regret it. Sorry I don't know of any other warm gloves on the market that are easy to move in besides the heated ones.

What I did is I went to Wal Mart and bought the thin work gloves with a rubber coating on the palms and half way up the fingers and I wear them under my leather gloves. The rubber coating does a good job of keeping in body heat and keeping out cold along with the leather. You can even where surgical gloves under them if you want.

TourMaster Winter Elite gloves. Fair price and warm, comfortable leather gloves with rain cover included.
I have used them for several years...

David
+1 It doesnt get insanely cold here so I dont neede heated gloves. I use Tourmasters.
+2

Took me a couple rides to get used to them but they work perfectly. Was 24F here this morning and riding at 75 MPH prolly made the wind chill much colder. My hands felt just fine. Widder are best but I really don't need electrics since it doesn't get down below 0 anyways.

dont waist your money on these! the palms come with nice metel studs thats are a tank scratch waiting to happen--i wear em in about 55 degrees -i hate to ride any colder than that--yea i know im a wuss but it helps me keep the miles off
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|lot boy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135138527 -->

gloves.JPG

Back