Will these stands work?

bigc70

Registered
Hey gang. I've got a 2008 Hayabusa and I want to know if these stands will work.

MOTORCYCLE F&R SWINGARM LIFT STAND for SUZUKI : eBay Motors (item 380209373028 end time Mar-01-10 14:35:26 PST)

I've had my bike since April '08 and the only upgrades/mods I've made have been frame sliders and a Scorpio i900 alarm system. This year I plan on getting a new exhaust and HID's (probably some more stuff too but those are my priorities).

I would LOVE to get some from our sponsors, but I don't think I can pass up these prices (especially if they will work). This will be my 3rd year riding so I'm still pretty much a newbie, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :bowdown:

With some things you get what you pay for.
For 75 bucks a pair I dont know how much strength you are really getting.
Not telling you to spend 500 bucks or anything but I would hate to see you be happy on your cost effective stands and come home to find it laying over cuz one of those supports snapped.

A few more bucks and you can get a really nice stand.
For a pair it will be more..

To answer your question. Yes they look like they will work just not sure for how long.
Look at Redline stands they are a sponsor here.
Nice products.

You can go cheap on a pair of gloves but not a stand.

Redline has some good products.

I like the "spool" rears versus the swingarm levers....they can slide off the lever kind.

Thanks Blanca - That's exactly what I was worried about. I mean I would love to save the $'s but I don't want my baby to tip over and have to replace a bunch of expensive busted up tupperware either. So I guess I should stick with either Redline or T-Rex.

Thanks to you too Blue. I feel ya on that. I already have my spools on the bike, I just need the stands to go with it - LoL

I bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight. It's nowhere near as stable as the Pitbull I already had, but it does the job. I would expect the eBay jobbies to be flimsy also. As stated, you get what you pay for. I have not used a Redline stand, but I would expect them to be of similar quality to the Pitbull.

I have those exact two stands and even got them from the same people. They work fine for getting the bike off the tires in the winter, but aren't as sturdy as redline or pitbull stands.

spend $150 bux or so and get a better set.

fyi......the lower fairing on the front end retails for about $500 so get a good set.

:beerchug:

The Busa is a heavy *****. I use Pit bull, it does'nt have to be pit bull but I wished I had this type of stand instead of the traditional ones, check this out:Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: Forward Handle Rear, Spooled this is alot easier when you're by yourself with a heavy ass Busa. Powerstands makes one too. Trust me! the leverage makes a night and day difference compared to the traditional ones.

Last edited:
Back