Wife Wants Track Day

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
My wife was sad to hear about the latest events with member accidents. In case you missed it, we had another incident hear in Texas after the bash

I never keep anything from her and thought for sure the day had come for her to ask me to park the bike forever. Instead, she said although she was pleased I ride with mature/experienced riders... although she was pleased I take a motorcycle defensive course every 2 years... she WANTS me to schedule an instructor led track day. She WANTS me to be more aggressive in a closed environment so I can apply those skills in an emergency on the street. She WANTS me to not give a hoot about my baby and said she'll buy me a new one if I lay her down. She WANTS me to stay alive and come home to her and the kids. I don't know what I did to deserve such an understanding women who is terrified of motocycles and has yet to get on one in her life.

I know Adam was trying to work on something like this hear in TX but if anyone wants to trailer and join me... I'll be trailering real soon from San Antonio to wherever. Suggestions always appreciated.

She's a keeper for sure. It's great that she encourages you to become better in your riding even though she has no desire for it. That is indeed rare. Usually if they don't enjoy or even like it, you will have some level of grief. Good for her and maybe she can take some pics of you hammering around the track....

I pretty much tell anyone who asks me why I 'waste' time and money on track days. The skills you learn may save my life some day on the street. And its one helluva fun day.

Just don't ride over your head/abilities and try to break the track record. Ride smooth, hit your markers, listen to the instrutors. Speed will come.....

That is great! People ask all the time how a good relationship works - I'd say that's as close to the perfact example as you can get! Good for both of you!

+1 She is a keeper. I can tell from experience, the track is good learning place for your cornering abilities. It is also fun, tiring, and exciting. I would suggest taking the experienced MSF course, then do a track day.

The track is like a drug, once you get hooked you never stop. Maybe when I get the urge to do a track day, I will let you know. Try ridesmart.com, and look at their schedule.

super.gif

wow....i would need equiptment and get the old duc back up and running...too much money lol

Hey Snap; I PMed you on info for a TD- don't think it sent-
I checked the scheds for Lone Star and Ridesmart. Next one is the 10th with LSTD its more pricey. 160 +50 for classes.
Ridesmart- at TWS on the 6th of Oct. 135- includes classes/ instruction.
Ridesmart has leathers to rent- $50 boots are more.
Ridesmart also has a TD at Cresson- 9/17-- Its a pretty long trip, (outside Ft.Worth) plus its a tighter track-- maybe not a good one to start on.(esp on a busa). Georgette wants to do a TD also- I'm up for most of these.

(Suijuris @ Sep. 04 2007,09:04) Hey Snap; I PMed you on info for a TD- don't think it sent-
I checked the scheds for Lone Star and Ridesmart. Next one is the 10th with LSTD  its more pricey. 160 +50 for classes.
Ridesmart also has a TD at Cresson- 9/17-- Its a pretty long trip, (outside Ft.Worth) plus its a tighter track-- maybe not a good one to start on.(esp on a busa). Georgette wants to do a TD also- I'm up for most of these.

This sounds good to me... it will give me time to get some 2CT's on her.

We'll talk more on Sunday's Leaky run...
beerchug.gif

(SnapAttack @ Sep. 04 2007,09:09)
(Suijuris @ Sep. 04 2007,09:04) Hey Snap; I PMed you on info for a TD- don't think it sent-
I checked the scheds for Lone Star and Ridesmart. Next one is the 10th with LSTD  its more pricey. 160 +50 for classes.

This sounds good to me... it will give me time to get some 2CT's on her.

We'll talk more on Sunday's Leaky run...  
beerchug.gif
Hey fellas Keep me abreast on this also if you talk to the folks that run the class see if we can get a discount for a large group and lets see if we can get a few more of the TXHR peeps in on this. Also I will work my end as well to see what I can come up withas well.

Back