Wicked fast Altima

Just remember Blanca

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.

Kid was stupid no doubt . The way he said it made me refrain from educating him.
All cocky , he honestly believed his 600rr which was parked around corner would take me. I'm sure he went home and told all his friends I chickened out :)

I had a burned out looking kid at the midway in St Paul here tell me his FZR was a busa killer. Told me it was a 750 with an 850 kit and an R1 head. (Ummm different motors completely, my 5 yo daughter knows that. I could see the BS in his eyes.) Then, he asked me if I wanted to race, I literally laughed in his face and asked him if his piece of sh-t was paid off cuz Im only doing it for titles. he said yes, and then I asked him what the going price of scrap was on old motorcycles, I didnt need junk in my garage. He turned around mumbling names at me under his breath as he walked away,

go to hennessey.com and look at what the gtr or much other cars can be... you will be inpressed, but the price is out of this world to make it happen.. but the gtr for say 90,000 then send it to hennessey and about 35,000 more it is a beast

When I was 16 I worked at a gas station with a slightly older guy that kept ranting about his late 80's Grand AM. Said it was, "Internally Turbocharged" and that I why I couldn't see it. He used to go around 90 degree corners at 70 because the suspension was that good. sad sad little man.....

So I am picking up my rental car (new Camaro) and the kid checking me out says now don't take this out on the interstate and wind her up too fast. I kind of laughed and said my other car is a Z06 Vette, this will be backing up. He said really, and pointed toward the back of the lot and said that will take it. Not knowing what car he was pointing at I said what? He was pointing at his 3.5 Altima.

Now I have seen vids of some super turbo'd ricers and I said, WOW what is in that thing? He said, nothing, she's just that fast. He said he had it up to 160 and let out just because. I was doing all I could at this point so I said; let's see your Altima weighs 3400 lbs or so and at best is still under 300 hp and it will out run a Z06 and goes in excess of 160 miles an hour. (All on stock tires as well)

Knowing I could never win this conversation, I thanked him for the car and went on my way. I had to share, because he was selling it like he truely believed it!

And no, you can't have your click back.

Wrote a song about it...like to hear it, here it go.... (Having issues embedding the vid....[URL="
the linky to youtube[/URL])

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny. My G35 Coupe is restricted to 155, so an Altima with a similar powertrain (though front wheel drive), and some speedometer error might be able to post 160. As great an engine as the VQ is though, it doesn't have the torque to run with something that has 60% more displacement.

Hmmm i have a 04.5 z and ive had it to well past 171.
Just a str8 pipe, cai, tune, 100shot

Hmmm i have a 04.5 z and ive had it to well past 171.
Just a str8 pipe, cai, tune, 100shot

I don't know if the z shares the same restriction. Perhaps your tuner was able to eliminate the restriction, if there was one.

Love the 350z. :thumbsup: Hate the styling on the new 370. :puke:

uhm...just to be contrary here?..2 points i'd like to make..

1. I highly doubt an altima weighs 3400lbs as thats very close to the weight of my titan crew cab P/U and?...

2. my future son-in-laws brother (who's an asc mech) dumped mega bucks into juicing up his suburu wrxsti to 650+ hp...and yes...i've seen it in action and yes..it's not just sick..it's super sick..heart attack sick.

so..ya might wanna be a touch on the humble side at times as they aint all shidtalkers..and if ya run into the wrong young punk?..i'd hate ta hafta read the post where ya lost the pink slip to your mighty Z06 to some young punk ricer! :poke: :rofl:

and then hafta tell wifey..

i dunno honey?..it was some fast lil shid with a big wing on the back! :poke: :rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Driving a Z06 you would not have to be worried about too many cars on the road......I do not worry about anything from Japan that does not have a turbo. Fast Altima's sure there are some.....but I would not be concerned unless you can see a great big intercooler up front...

I wouldve asked him if he had some sort of mental retardation to think his altima would even come close to touching a vette let along a z06...

Back