Wicked fast Altima

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
So I am picking up my rental car (new Camaro) and the kid checking me out says now don't take this out on the interstate and wind her up too fast. I kind of laughed and said my other car is a Z06 Vette, this will be backing up. He said really, and pointed toward the back of the lot and said that will take it. Not knowing what car he was pointing at I said what? He was pointing at his 3.5 Altima.

Now I have seen vids of some super turbo'd ricers and I said, WOW what is in that thing? He said, nothing, she's just that fast. He said he had it up to 160 and let out just because. I was doing all I could at this point so I said; let's see your Altima weighs 3400 lbs or so and at best is still under 300 hp and it will out run a Z06 and goes in excess of 160 miles an hour. (All on stock tires as well)

Knowing I could never win this conversation, I thanked him for the car and went on my way. I had to share, because he was selling it like he truely believed it!

And no, you can't have your click back.

Kid at pep boys this morning asked me what kind of bike I ride .
Guess he's not too observant cuz my helmet says 'Hayabusa' on it .
I kindly replied and he said 'nah 600rr will take it' ?
He was like 18 or so so I politely laughed and walked out .
Can't reason with stupidity :)

But yes I bet that Altima will smoke your Vette !
:rofl:

That's the story I'm hearing too, so it must be true.

i had a buddy that had one that used to mess with guys like that all the time, car looked ridiculously stock turbo and spray that thing was a nasty sleeper

saw an ad on craigslist here last week. kid was trying to trade his v6 grand am for "another fast car". he said that he had smoked everything that he had ever raced in it, but he was 17 and he was bored with it. i got a good laugh out of that one.

Wow, must be something about auto parts stores because I had one do the same thing to me about 3 months ago at an Advance Auto. Only it was his friends bike that he done everything to and was outrunning every bike on the road. Ironically it was up for sale and he asked if I knew anyone looking for a bike. Said no and went on my merry way.

I've basically stopped talking to people in my town because of this. I'm just sick of it. I tell them my bike runs low 13s and my car is mid 16s, just to not have an argument.

Still yet I get people telling me about this unrestricted busa in town that does 250+ and blah blah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Funny. My G35 Coupe is restricted to 155, so an Altima with a similar powertrain (though front wheel drive), and some speedometer error might be able to post 160. As great an engine as the VQ is though, it doesn't have the torque to run with something that has 60% more displacement.

Maybe the guy mistakenly thought he had Skyline or something.... :whistle:

Funny. My G35 Coupe is restricted to 155, so an Altima with a similar powertrain (though front wheel drive), and some speedometer error might be able to post 160. As great an engine as the VQ is though, it doesn't have the torque to run with something that has 60% more displacement.

Guy at work seen my busa toys sitting on my shelf and said, Yeah, Busa's are nice, but my bike is better. Freind that was in the office with me was like, what heck can you have that's better than a Busa. Dude said he had a ZX900 with turbo and spray. I was like cool, but if I threw on a tubo and some spray, that would again make the busa better than yours. He was like yeah, I guess your right, but He don't have the bike anymore. Wife made him sell it. Go Figure.

I think i know that kids brother, he told me he was gonna do a motor swap on his Hyundai Elantra, gonna put a Tiburon motor in then he was gonna be fast!!:rofl:

So I am picking up my rental car (new Camaro) and the kid checking me out says now don't take this out on the interstate and wind her up too fast. I kind of laughed and said my other car is a Z06 Vette, this will be backing up. He said really, and pointed toward the back of the lot and said that will take it. Not knowing what car he was pointing at I said what? He was pointing at his 3.5 Altima.

Now I have seen vids of some super turbo'd ricers and I said, WOW what is in that thing? He said, nothing, she's just that fast. He said he had it up to 160 and let out just because. I was doing all I could at this point so I said; let's see your Altima weighs 3400 lbs or so and at best is still under 300 hp and it will out run a Z06 and goes in excess of 160 miles an hour. (All on stock tires as well)

Knowing I could never win this conversation, I thanked him for the car and went on my way. I had to share, because he was selling it like he truely believed it!

And no, you can't have your click back.

He's a legend in his own mind :rofl:

Just remember Blanca

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.

Back