WHY???

OB_Shotgun

Registered
Just wondering....

I'm trying to get a grip on the Busa, but it looks like everyone is complaining seriously about all the problems with this bike. Should a brand new bike have all these problems? Haven't Suzuki tested it before they launched it?

If you give someone a chance to complain, they will, including me. If there was a TLR group last year, they would've heard from me. I love my Hayabusa and I'm sure everyone else loves theirs and the attention it gets. If we can share these problems, maybe we can keep the people at Suzuki on there toes. If one person calls up a complaint, who will listen, but get hundreds with the same complaint and the wall will come tumbling down. No matter what is wrong with my busa, it is always fast, so the engine is perfect.

soja1

Shotgun, not everyone is having problems - in fact I would say only a minority are having problems based on the amount of Busas on the road now. I have put 2700 miles on mine since June 11th without any problems whatsoever.

I got no problem in the beginning, the cut-ous arrised at about 2500/3000 km at high speed.
I will ask for a refund, I am fed up with this cut-out, no-one at Suzuki answer, I will get my layer, I was near to have a big accident last week-end...

Seems like to me, a lot of people are beginning to have all types of problems as the miles pile up. We should start documenting all of these issues. Maybe suzuki is looking at a re-call like that goofy Buell.

Seems like to me, a lot of people are beginning to have all types of problems as the miles pile up. We should start documenting all of these issues. Maybe suzuki is looking at a re-call like that goofy Buell.

Hey GSX Dan had a GS750 DB was the first twin discer and also first suzuki 4 stroke and the kawa boys used to get pissed because it could blow there 900's.Good post I agree and at the risk of copping flack I get the impression that a lot of times people are playing and touching things that they do not know about and I try to stress that these are high performance bikes and set up and repairs left to those that know.But it's there life ??????????????????? Boss

Boss, you reminded me of my early years giving out Kaw Abuse. You are right, the number of pissed on/off Z1 and KZ900/1000 owners that were blown into the weeds by my GS750E was rather large.

There have not been numerous problems with the Hayabusa.

Engine cut out fix from Suzuki will be here next week.

Some chains that stretched. Suzuki does not make chain. And these chains have been subjected to some serious busa power.

One bike has been taken out by a cam chain.

It is a first year bike, we bought these bikes without ever seeing one and did so based on Suzuki's reputation of Quality.
I would never condsider a differant bike, it is the ultimate road machine.

Ah, this is one of the beauties of the Internet. It allows consumers access to information from each other that wasn't possible before. Just think about this, we'd all be a bunch of Busa owners spread all over and would be lucky to run into one or two of each other to talk about our problems.

I haven't had any problems with my Busa except the 5th-6th gear shift that went away after about 300 miles. It's good to hear everyone else's experiences, so I know things like the annoying vibrations at 4500-5500rpms is not unique to me.

Three months and 1700 miles ZERO problems. I run this bike very hard. I have been to the drag strip many times, 9.89@142mph. I don't understand why some of you guys are having these problems. I have been riding and racing Suzukis for 22 years and have had only one probelem. I have bought many first year models 77 GS750,78 GS1000,81 GS1100, 86 GSXR1100, 88 GSX1100 Katana (bearing on output shaft went bad at 18,000 miles)91 GSXR1100 and finally my beloved Hayabusa, ZERO problems

how many of us ordered our bikes before they were officially on sale ? No matter how good the testing you cannot make the product perfect. hopefully the bugs will be small and not dangerous and companies will respond to customer feedback to eliminate the errors. how many of your computers now has windows softtware with service packs and patches installed to fix security or y2k problems. if you want an error free bike, buy something thats been around a year or so.

no problems for over 3000km since suzuki rebuilt the engine. was kinda interesting watching 6 engineers in the suzuki factory working on it.

Dazee - care to elaborate on what you saw in the factory? I doubt too many of us will ever get the chance to see what you did. Was it a huge, long assembly line with robots or was there human interaction/assembly? What about the different colors? Is each bike the same with skins, tank coming last to determine color or what? What about the finished products? Was there a large area with rows and rows of different colored brand new Busas? Did you take a picture??!! Sorry for all the questions.

Dazee your bike was actually serviced at the Suzuki factory. Hayabusa's are not sold in Japan? They have to be imported back in?

Have you tracked down the Keen Edge painted busa yet?

Alot of information from the net. But, lets look at really what has happened with this gem of a bike. Not a big deal really, and not a Buell, please. Buell had issues like motor mount failures!
Just from memory:
1. Timing chain tensioner-1 or 2 out of 5000 bikes. Probably a fluke in part manuf. or assembly. we will see.
2. cut-out problem--seems that Suzook figured it out and its undissolved anti-corrosion additive to the gas tank (we think).If its something else we will know Friday. Pretty minor and nothing to due with design if its the additive.
3. My bike HAD a hicup or twitch at idle and low speed, and I believe one other had this. Its now gone after putting the throttle plates in Sync. Or, it possibly could have been from the Power Commander 2? I ran the Yosh the last two days and will switch back today.8/29--It is the power commander definitely-details in Yosh vs. PC2 in MODS FORUM. My fault it would seem, this is a common maintenance procedure.
4.Chain/sprockets--stretching. I have not seen this, but others have. Probably should have a used a 630 chain or a stronger 530. This bike has buyers dropping the clutch, and releasing 100 ft/lb torque! Minor issue in my eyes. Replace chain maybe sprockets.
5. The windscreen buzzes--who cares, place some black tape at the edge where the screen fits into the fairing and get on with life.
6. Poor vision through the screen when tucked. Lockhart philips, minor issue.
7. 5th-6th gear miss, move your lever down and shift like you mean it.
8. Rear tire wears quickly--exactly a reason why I purchased the Bike.
I would purchase again, and the Blue and white is looking good for 2000.
These problems are minor except for the timing chain and we are at this point talking about ONE, maybe TWO bikes.
Finally, the Suzuki is launched and is available.
I could and should make a list of the positives now to be fair, but want to ride soon. The list would be LONG!!
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 29 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 29 August 1999).]

sorry Todd I can't say much really, the part of the factory I was at was a service area, mostly I saw electric bicycles !! Mine was the only busa in the place. I got the impression that the 6 engineers weren't quite certain about an aspect on tuning the bike, once they had it sorted it was like watching a pit crew all working together and having the bike ready in record time. Whatever it was they did a great job.

Serviced at a Suzuki factory, but not where they make the bike. Not quite sure what they do make at this one but it was in Chiba prefecture which is slightly North of Tokyo. I believe the Hayabusa is made at the main Suzuki plant which is a giant complex in Kamakura which lies to the South of Tokyo. The bike is made in Japan but not sold directly here due to some engine size and power restrictions agreement between the government and bike makers. So yes, the bike is exported and then imported to get around this agreement. They were going to import the new parts for my bike meaning it would be off the road for more than a month, but one of my staff members did a really good job of harassing them and the bike was fixed in 4 days by transferring parts from the main site to where my bike was.

No luck finding the bike yet :( I will start ordering the carbon cowling fittings in September and ask them about the custom painting.

Back