so it\'s not fixed

OB_hiabuser

Registered
well people, i will not post any other "fixes" for the cutoff problem until i've ridden the bike for weeks without any problems. the fuel pump was replaced today and the mechanic got stranded two miles from the shop. he would have sworn that the fuel pump would solve the problem. especially with all the gunk in the filter and the way the pump kept cutting out just before the bike would die. well, it didn't fix it. soooo, my busa is still in the shop (going on a month now) mainly because it is totally unsafe to ride. cut's out at any speed and any gear. sometimes (especially lately) it won't even restart for several minutes if at all. so, instead of relying on information that while seems appropriate, turns out to be wrong, i will wait till i get it back and have driven it for weeks before posting any new "fixes". once again, i apologize for getting people hyped on a possible fix. i am a loyal suzuki man, have owned all japanese brands but for the last 10 years have been a devout suzuki man. however, at this time i'm more than a little frustrated that my brand new motorcycle has spent more time in the shop than on the road. love the bike, it's performance and looks, but damn, i'm getting close to filing for virginia's lemon law and getting my money back. will wait for an updated model when the bugs are worked out. will just have to wait and see. just hate to see all this perfect riding weather going to the crapper. for those of you who have no problems, lucky bastages, have fun.
p.s. anyone who get's a fix, (don't be like me and jump the gun) test it for a while, then post for others. sorry again folks.
mike

Has he checked out the ignition system ? I had a gs 1100 that did the same thing, after
it had been ridden for a while it would just shut down, and not start for a long time.
whatever the part is that replaces the point and condenser on a electronic ignition was shorting out. Replaced it and no more problem. I wish I still had the shop manual
so I could tell you the exact part. Its worth a try

[This message has been edited by fshaia (edited 14 August 1999).]

hiabuser--keep the info coming.
I took a quick look at my fuel pump/tank.
I noticed that if you shine a flash light into the tank from the front of the bike and look down toward the back of the tank you will see a blue framed cylinder that is covered with what appears to be a white screen.
Mine was spotless, so i assumed the filter in the fuel pump would also be.
I know you still have the problem, but did they clean this screen in the tank out, or am I wrong and its not a screen at all. I still don't have my manual.
For what its worth, I believe the problem has to be computer (ign.) and/or injection related, and I still have my hicup or twitch occasionally.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 14 August 1999).]

Back