Why?

I understand drag racing, I spent half me life at the track. I believe the race bikes had slicks. I was wondering about the ones you see trailered everywhere and then pushed to a parking spot all night(with stock motor) maybe painted stator cover,or the occasional one you'll actually see on the street and call him out and he stays at 30 mph or you wax his azz because of that stock motor.:D

I understand drag racing, I spent half me life at the track. I believe the race bikes had slicks. I was wondering about the ones you see trailered everywhere and then pushed to a parking spot all night(with stock motor) maybe painted stator cover,or the occasional one you'll actually see on the street and call him out and he stays at 30 mph or you wax his azz because of that stock motor.:D
But he's got a loooong swingarm..

I get asked frequently if I plan to do a stretch and wide tire on my bike. Eventually, it will be lowered and stretched 4" or so for my lady to ride it.

Other than that, I just smile and wave. No fat tire kit for me.

But wouldn't it have the turning radius of a school bus and make it pretty useless on the street?
You are absolutely correct. Worse performance all round. But it accentuates the muscular aesthetic, low and powerful cartoon like look. To some this is an art form. Like low rider trucks. I enjoy the look myself, but like you I am not willing to sacrifice handling. A few members here have some beautiful examples of rolling art. An orange one from a new member I have seen recently is a beautiful example.

I get asked frequently if I plan to do a stretch and wide tire on my bike. Eventually, it will be lowered and stretched 4" or so for my lady to ride it.

Other than that, I just smile and wave. No fat tire kit for me.
That makes sense. And 4" it'll still fit in the garage.

What are they 60 footing
on those small tires ? ? ?

:poke:

What are they 60 footing on those small tires?

On the street I agree, pretty stupid. At the strip... Many stretched no bar bikes running DOT tires are putting up ET's and MPH better then the Pro Stock bikes that we see running NHRA. They're running closer the the top fuel bikes. NHRA made a big deal out of Jr. going just over 200 in the 1/4 once. Stretched no bar bikes have been doing 220+ for some time

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct. Worse performance all round. But it accentuates the muscular aesthetic, low and powerful cartoon like look. To some this is an art form. Like low rider trucks. I enjoy the look myself, but like you I am not willing to sacrifice handling. A few members here have some beautiful examples of rolling art. An orange one from a new member I have seen recently is a beautiful example.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be negative, I just ride alot and don't get it.

Wheelies they are
afraid of them . . .

:)

Also have a
LOOK @ me
complex . . .

:banana:

Back