bike stands, whats the big deal???

joncook06

Registered
I have never had a bike stand. But i hear alot about them on this site, are they just used for maint. ? and why do some people park their bike on them daily? I'm starting to think i just have to have some but i just don't understand why. could some one please explain so i can buy some and not feel as though i wasted money.:please:???

Maintenance is the main reason. Makes it possible to remove tires and wheels when you need new rubber. You save some $ by taking the wheel only to shop to have new tire put on. Makes it a snap to keep your chain cleaned and lubed as well as cleaning wheels to keep her nice and shiny!! That help????

Maintenance is the main reason. Makes it possible to remove tires and wheels when you need new rubber. You save some $ by taking the wheel only to shop to have new tire put on. Makes it a snap to keep your chain cleaned and lubed as well as cleaning wheels to keep her nice and shiny!! That help????

+1 Also, the bike just plain looks cool parked on stands, IMO.

FinalProduct.jpg

+1000 I couldn't live without them! Make sure you dont skimp on them. Buy some good ones. Pitbull are very nice. I got the cycle cat rearstand and can lift my bike with 2 fingers! :whistle:

+1000 I couldn't live without them! Make sure you dont skimp on them. Buy some good ones. Pitbull are very nice. I got the cycle cat rearstand and can lift my bike with 2 fingers! :whistle:

I agree totally. Pitbulls set the standard but Redlines are very nice as well. Also a .org sponsor! Give Ian a call and he will hook you up.

If you havent rolled your bike in and out of the garage so you could clean the wheels and chain, you just wont understand.

Guess we better save the drive on "Bike hoist" for latter? :) (another maintenance must have)

Did you see where CycleCat is no longer manufacturing the stands? Too bad. They are the best around. I guess there are no rear stands left available. Only the front stand and the front fender has to be changed or modified on the busa to allow it to work. :banghead:

Make sure you dont skimp on them. Buy some good ones. Pitbull are very nice. I got the cycle cat rearstand and can lift my bike with 2 fingers! :whistle:
What's with the "don't skimp on them?" You aren't the only one I've heard this from. I bought a pair for $100 and couldn't be happier. They came with both adapters, w/ spools and w/o. We're not talking about lifting 10k lbs, so why do you need to spend all the dough? Mine go up nice and easy too. The only thing I'd like to have different is the neck stand for doing forks when the time comes.
They are definitely worth their weight when it comes time for chain and wheel maint/cleaning! I wouldn't be without.

I like the stability of stands. I have seen too many times where bikes have fallen over "by them selves" in the garage.

What's with the "don't skimp on them?" You aren't the only one I've heard this from. I bought a pair for $100 and couldn't be happier. They came with both adapters, w/ spools and w/o. We're not talking about lifting 10k lbs, so why do you need to spend all the dough? Mine go up nice and easy too. The only thing I'd like to have different is the neck stand for doing forks when the time comes.
They are definitely worth their weight when it comes time for chain and wheel maint/cleaning! I wouldn't be without.

It all depends on how comfortable you feel with the stands you are using? If you are then you didn't skimp, but if you aren't then you skimped either because you didn't know any better or couldn't afford something better. An individual choice on which ones you get, if you get any.

And maintenance and storage of the bike during winter are the 2 reasons that I have mine.

It all depends on how comfortable you feel with the stands you are using? If you are then you didn't skimp, but if you aren't then you skimped either because you didn't know any better or couldn't afford something better. An individual choice on which ones you get, if you get any.
My stands are very stable. No worries there. The last thing I need is to replace a mirror, panel, can and brake/clutch levers just because the bike fell over...

Back