Clutch Bleeding

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to bleed the clutch?? I have tried everything. I fill the master cylinder, then pump the lever several times, then bleed the air out of the slave. I can't seem to ever get any fluid down at the slave cylinder. ANY suggestions??
I am tired of :banghead::banghead:

Thanks!!

Actually, does the lever firm up at all?

Pump until you feel some pressure. Fill reservoir and pump again. When bleeding hold the lever in then tighten bleed screw. (I assume you are doing this already)

Takes awhile. Should see air bubbles in reservoir. Keep pumping until they subside then start bleeding.

r8

Keep pumping the lever forcing the air out the reservoir first.

Refill then bleed below. (hold lever in when no air is seen in bleed line)

Top off reservoir if needed.

r8

Last edited:
Get a mighty Vac bleeder. I can't tell you how useful that tool has been for me over the years. Attatch it to the slave cylinder bleeder, pump it up to 20 lbs, pull in the clutch lever, release the the vacuum knob on the Mighty Vac & watch the fluid pull the fluid out of the resevoir. You'll have that clutch lever back in action in 3 minutes.

And if you think yours is taking a while? How long did I pump on these "little cans"?

:laugh:

r8

106_0628.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't EVEN attempt that after this little fiasco!! :rofl:
Getting ready to start "squeezing" again. :laugh::laugh:

Or just fill the reservoir, open the bleeder, let it sit till gravity does its thing! To get it done rite away the fluid must go from the lowest to the highest point. Slave to master! or the air just tries to go up as the line and slave files with fluid, displacing the air. A bit spongy? this too will work itself out with use and time.

Best way to do it is with a Mighty Vac. Or if you have some plastic tubing and a syring you can use that to get the fluid down to the slave :thumbsup:

Back