Mityvac help on a clutch bleed

tgrant1024

Registered
this is my first time bleeding my clutch myself. i watched videos on bleeding brakes and clutches but i cant find one on the hayabusa so im not exactly sure if im doing it right.,.. i took the resivior cap off and filled it with brake fluid..
now not sure where i hook the mityvac up too... is the bleeder in the master cylinder or the slave....i dont want to mess anything up so i figure ill ask for help before i start...

ok so i finnished bleeding the clutch... it seemed way too easy..i did have the mityvac... but still.. so easy im not sure if i did it right...

If you followed the steps, you should be good:thumbsup: see it how it goes when you take the bike for a spin tomorrow.
P.S. one tip a buddy of mine taught me: pull the clutch lever all the way in and zip-tie it to the grip over night....allows whatever "leftover" bubbles to work its way up to the top.

thanks for the help.... i will zip tie the clutch lever... now i can go on my road trip to southern cali tomorrow

I would first test that the clutch works properly. When the bike is off, and it's quiet and you pull the clutch in, you should hear a light sound - like metal hits the plastic, but it's dull, like from inside.

Or better yet, start the bike in neutral, squeeze the front brake lever good (so you don't accidentally ride forward if the clutch is faulty), pull the clutch in, and shift to 1st. If the bike doesn't lurch forward and doesn't die right away you know that at least the clutch disengages when you pull the lever.

Now, slowly release the lever until you feel the bike wants to move forward. If the point where this happens is when the clutch lever is pretty far from the handlebar, you seem to be OK. However, if this point is pretty close to the handlebar - that's no good. You might have some air in the fluid.

zip tied it last night.... this morning took a look at it... no leaks and when i took it out for a spin... it felt really good... i think i did a good job... thanks for the help everyone:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Back